Telemark

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Telerock
Ski style: Leather and wool-three pin
Favorite Skis: S-bounds; E-99s, razors
Favorite boots: Asolo extreme

Re: Telemark

Post by Telerock » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:23 am

asolo extremes and tua razors at Stowe yesterday. After noon, when the 4-8 inches of corn made rooster tails all the way the slopes. One young lift tender told me I could not ride with "cross country" skis. I slipped past her while saying my boots were older then her, and have been skiing Stowe longer then she has been alive. Great spring snow, but only 2-3 feet of the man made base left. Not sure anything will be there in a few weeks, when the lifts are closed, andwe can earn our turns.
Black trails were iced up, so cruised every blue on both mountains, except the gondola...arrived there two minutes late, they closed the lifts at 4:00.

telekid

Post by telekid » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:35 pm

Tele rock I have vouchers for us at Stowe. Next Sunday maybe?

Telerock

Post by Telerock » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:37 pm

Tanks for the offer, if you'r thinking tomorrow, I have to pass on the pass, bu Sunday April 10 would work if the passes haven't passed on
T-rock
THERE IS CORN OUT THERE!

Teleman

Post by Teleman » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:51 pm

Rock, Telekid is thinking next week....Been in a fog for days....Steam fog....Syrup fog....Having a great year....Big surprise it's so good....Made 60 gallons of mostly fancy in a week.....Our total record had been 55 in a year....95 so far this year!!!!!!! Have not skied in three weeks!!!!!! If there is a good day next week will ski up and down Burke... or head to Wildcat...First time at a ski area since we were out West!!!!! Need a fix....bad....TM

Teleman

Post by Teleman » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:30 pm

If we get a really warm day can't wait to try the 109's on a wide blue to slice through perfect corn....Also would like to see what the Noodles can do in that situation....Figure we have about one or two more sap runs which will keep us busy for awhile but corn is coming....TM

Teleman

Post by Teleman » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:08 am

Been three ski less weeks....bummer.....Very cold and the frost is going back into the land while ponds are refreezing....This is truly the worst snow year in memory.....Grade of syrup was dropping but will be interesting what happens when, if ever, it warms up again....Really want to try those Noodles in corn....Oh well....TM

Teleman

Post by Teleman » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:59 am

A sloppy two inches of wet heavy mashed potatoes.....Thought crossed the mind that it might be kinda fast.....Wrong!.....Easy up with red wax and temps @ 35o.....Short down with many turns to bleed speed even at low angle....To slow no go turns....Build up speed and the skis came around. Really like the 109's.....but the rebounds would have worked well also.....Back to ice tomorrow....Need to go to a ski area but need heat!!!!! Shorts!!!! No shirts....Beer!!!!! However will enjoy Sauna tonight....Try to beat the boys in Horseshoes....Snow shoes....Or....Pool if the rains come...TM

telekid

Post by telekid » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:27 am

Anyone know If Stowe is staying open past this weekend? Vouchers say good till 24th???? Warmer next weekend to.

Teleman

Post by Teleman » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:44 am

With you Telekid as is Teleking but need a WARM day!!!! Shoes tomorrow @ noon....Late start...fire...steak?....Beer...Wish the 109's were about 200 for corn....Those 215's were dynamite years ago in corn....Javalin through what the downhillers deposited then let them fly and fly they did...TM

Telerock

Post by Telerock » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:56 pm

Last gasp on lift serve for me is this week..flying to DC the 24th.
Have two more comps, may full or could be 40%..will share cost.
Shoes at Stowe? Tailgate BBQ?
If you are waiting for perfect conditions, it will be 2017!

As usual, no cell reception at home in the green mountains.
Call, if you change your mind, or give me t-woods' phone (not on-line)!
T-rock
SKI IT WHEN YOU CAN!