Two different types of short radius turn

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
CIMA
Ski style: NNN-BC
Favorite Skis: Rossignol XP100
Favorite boots: Fischer BC GT

Re: Two different types of short radius turn

Post by CIMA » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:56 pm

connyro wrote:You must be centered in your balance to ski these smaller, softer boots well in steep conditions, and even more so in leathers, but the added ankle flex really gives you a better feel for the snow and turns.
That's it.
Nice feeling is the one that XCD skiers value most. :-)
The flowing river never stops and yet the water never stays the same.

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Post by Johnny » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:21 am

Please excuse me guys, but I can't help sharing Ron's answer to this, comparing his world famous 7-second sped-up 'carving' video and his flawless telemark technique to a CANSI instructor. It's just too great to be ignored...

(Don't worry, that was his final post here. What an epitaph!)
Ron Cole wrote:
[video][/video]

See? My "turns" are also minimal here too!!..Stay in the fucking fall-line!!

[video][/video]
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

connyro
needs to take stock of his life

Post by connyro » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:04 am

It's pretty clear that ron could use some lessons from a CANSI instructor. I don't care if he is not an expert-level skier but DO care when he talks down to everyone and preaches about his skiing genius. I really don't know or care what his point is as long as he's not here trying to make it. Au revoir ravingtele!

Teleman

Post by Teleman » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:18 am

Telemark has always been about freedom...Leather allows more of it than plastic....Better feel leads to quick adjustments...Plastic will not allow you to have the balls of your feet on the ski...er...lifters...er....gigantic bindings...Also while talking about freedom your cheap shots at Ron where he can't respond is demeaning for all who do it...CIMA has it right...it's about feel....TM

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:24 am

Teleman wrote:Also while talking about freedom your cheap shots at Ron where he can't respond is demeaning for all who do it...
Had a feeling this would come up :roll:

So I'll assume you haven't been to his forum? Or I'll assume that statement above would have been different.

Teleman, you're a unique and interesting character, and you love and defend your friends, but we all know the story, so let's cut the shit and stop pretending Ron was wronged in some way. Everything he got was just a reflection of what he put out. It's simply the best example of Karma I can think of.

Teleman

Post by Teleman » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:32 am

Heh, you can engage him over there Mike....Major difference....The rest is wimpy justification from the herd...TM

connyro

Post by connyro » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:38 am

Teleman wrote:Plastic will not allow you to have the balls of your feet on the ski
TM, I respect your opinions about tele skiing, but you are dead wrong when you say that. I would be most interested to hear what you say about light plastic boots or bigger modern skis once you actually ski on them.
Teleman wrote:Also while talking about freedom your cheap shots at Ron where he can't respond is demeaning for all who do it...CIMA has it right...it's about feel....TM
This is ridiculous. Cheap shots? That's rich. The guy spends his whole online existence dreaming up ways to administer cheap shots and misdirected rage and hate. Nobody here wants to deal with his lunatic crap.

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:41 am

No the difference is that is what he wants... he wants us to engage him so he can keep playing his little game.

Notice his idea of a sock puppet in my name? Novel. Do you think I actually use it? Not a fucking chance. I'm not that insecure or stupid.

Also Teleman, you might want to be specific who your comment is for, because I believe it was for Johnny. If you pm him I'm more than sure he'll give you his thoughts on Ron and his treatment of pictures of his wife and child, among other things. Don't give me that herd bullshit.

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:02 am

Also CIMA, sorry to derail your thread with this bullshit but how many times has Ron stole videos or images of CIMA and ridiculed or attacked them, in hopes he could engage with him... it's obvious baiting. And beyond that it's a just a jealous, petty man grasping for straws. Karma is a bitch... or so I hear.

Rodbelan
Ski style: Very stylish
Favorite Skis: Splitkein
Favorite boots: Alpina Blaze and my beloved Alpina Sports Jr

Post by Rodbelan » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:26 pm

Yes LJ, I was amazed that Ron posted such a vid, since he was debating about form. Strictly speaking, his turns are static, in the backseat, etc... But I don't care. He can ski on his head if he likes it...
É y fa ty fret? On é ty ben dun ti cotton waté?
célèbre et ancien chant celtique