Replacement pants for Patagonia Mixed Guide pants?

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Fishnaked

Replacement pants for Patagonia Mixed Guide pants?

Post by Fishnaked » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:31 am

I like my Patagonia Mixed Guide shell pants, except....with only vent zips at the hip/thigh area, they do not vent enough for me. They also only have two pockets: One cargo on each thigh which have a flap with velcro.

Can anyone recommend a similarly light and unlined shell pant with more and better ventilation (crotch ventilation would be great!) that also had more pockets....or at least pockets like you would find on casual pants, or zippered pockets?

I very much like Patagonia as a company and would prefer to support them but.....am open to other brands. I'm keen to buy used and/or older models (less $).

Also...I may have a pair of Patagonia Mixed Guide pants for sale soon...size 34. :)

Peter P
Ski style: Converted skate skier
Favorite Skis: Rabb68

Re: Replacement pants for Patagonia Mixed Guide pants?

Post by Peter P » Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:53 pm

Take a look at the Arcteryx Beta pants. Unlined shells with full side zips for ventilation. Short of finding something with a crotch zip, full side zips are probably as much ventilation as you can get.

I have the older Beta AR pants, which just have thigh zips. I really like them.

Lhartley

Post by Lhartley » Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:09 pm

Black Diamond Dawn Patrol look like they might work "full separating side zips" and some other ventilation features.

https://www.blackdiamondequipment.com/e ... ants-mens/
Screenshot_20240312_110746_DuckDuckGo.jpg

corlay
Ski style: Woodland XC-BC tours
Favorite Skis: Asnes Gamme 54, Fischer Transnordic 66, Fischer Traverse 78; Madshus Birke Beiner, Peltonen METSA
Favorite boots: Crispi Norland Hook BC, Fischer BC Grand Tour

Post by corlay » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:02 pm

best pants I've found are made by the Brit company Montane, 'Terra" line of pants.

I have the "Terra Mission" model, which is lined/lightly insulated,
but they make more lightweight, non-insulated, also

But loads of pockets, good adjustment at waist and cuff, and good venting options.