Technique feedback thread - post a video.

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Krummholz
Ski style: Ski trails uphill, Bcuz every trail here is uphill
Favorite Skis: Fischer SB-98, Rossi Alpineer 86, Fischer Europa 99, Altai Hok, Asnes USGI
Favorite boots: Looked and looked, then found true love - Alaska 75s. TN 75 for DH
https://telemarktalk.com/viewtopic.php? ... =40#p49595

Re: Technique feedback thread - post a video.

Post by Krummholz » Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:19 pm

FYI - I have created a Tele-B page in the TELEWIKI, taken from Telehiro’s info on his YouTube and webpage.

https://telemarktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6640
Free Heeler - As in Free Spirit and Free Beer. No $700 pass! No plastic boots! And No Fkn Merlot!

Lhartley

Post by Lhartley » Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:06 pm

lowangle al wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:25 am
Krummholz wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:57 pm
I got some points while skiing this day from a highly skilled Tele skier. Overall much better than the last time, a few years ago, that I skied with him. The Rossi Alpineers skied much better than the last time with SB98’s.

Nice "B" tele. Did you teach yourself that intentionally, or was it a byproduct of skiing with one pole?

About a week ago I had a pole malfunction and had to ski out with only one pole. When thinking about how I would ski the remaining hill I decided B tele was the way to do it. It worked great and made me wonder if Telehiro came up with the technique because he does so much filming and skiing with one pole.
I think I have overcomplicated this style of skiing in my head. I blame 17 thousand threads

Lhartley

Post by Lhartley » Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:08 pm

Krummholz wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:51 pm
lowangle al wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:25 am

Nice "B" tele. Did you teach yourself that intentionally, or was it a byproduct of skiing with one pole?

About a week ago I had a pole malfunction and had to ski out with only one pole. When thinking about how I would ski the remaining hill I decided B tele was the way to do it. It worked great and made me wonder if Telehiro came up with the technique because he does so much filming and skiing with one pole.
I’ve been watching Telehiro videos but I hadn't really practiced the B Tele in the past because I’m normally on lower angle (green run) type hiking trails and don’t need to do that to slow down. But once we moved over to the blue runs it was an “oh shit” moment and I just started doing it. And it worked! It was easier to only have to think about 2 movements. I’ve tried the one pole in the past then went to a chest and backpack mount, it was to hard to maintain balance on uneven terrain. But it turned out to be easier on the groomers. @Lhartley I had a GoPro bar mount and it workes on my ski pole. Next time I’ll need to extend it to its full 150cm length to get more in the frame. In the past I’ve used a GoPro 11 Mini, but I’ve had so much trouble with it locking up, I bought a used DJI Action 3. So far it’s worked fine.
Thank you much appreciated! The skiing too

Montana St Alum
Ski style: Old dog, new school
Favorite Skis: Blizzard Rustler 9/10
Favorite boots: Tx Pro

Post by Montana St Alum » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:11 pm

Lhartley wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:06 pm
I think I have overcomplicated this style of skiing in my head. I blame 17 thousand threads
Is it really only 17000?
:lol:

Lhartley

Post by Lhartley » Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:51 pm

I'm just salty cus I can't do it. Like wtf. I even brought Ramen today. No dice, still poodling about

norway

Post by norway » Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:03 am

Winter 22/23:

Winter 21/22:
2.jpg
1.jpg