Fake Fjalraven cotton anorak

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
CwmRaider
Ski style: XC-(D) tinkerer
Favorite Skis: Åsnes FT62 XP, Børge Ousland
Occupation: Very precise measurements of very small quantities.

Re: Fake Fjalraven cotton anorak

Post by CwmRaider » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:38 pm

randoskier wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:02 pm

I suspect the Norrona's cotton fabric is very similar if not the same as Ventile. I ski in a pair of Arcteryx ski-touring pants that were actually made in Canada, the last year they made them there- very durable and comfortable, might last forever.
Norrøna selling unlabeled ventile at a third of its normal market price sounds too good to be true, but I'll trust your and others high opinions of this piece of kit on the practical side rather than theoretical. Not currently looking for a new anorak bit I'll look closer at Norrøna cotton gear on the future.

Otherwise I hope IEDs reach neither Switzerland nor Norway within the lifetime of my kids. If ww3 breaks out i just as well want to be vaporized with the first nukes. Norway is only 50% self sufficient for food production so disrupted supply chains would totally suck.
My survival instinct would probably get in the way though.

randoskier
Ski style: awkward
Favorite Skis: snow skis
Favorite boots: go-go

Post by randoskier » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:09 am

CwmRaider wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:38 pm
randoskier wrote:

I suspect the Norrona's cotton fabric is very similar if not the same as Ventile. I ski in a pair of Arcteryx ski-touring pants that were actually made in Canada, the last year they made them there- very durable and comfortable, might last forever.
Norrøna selling unlabeled ventile at a third of its normal market price sounds too good to be true, but I'll trust your and others high opinions of this piece of kit on the practical side rather than theoretical. Not currently looking for a new anorak bit I'll look closer at Norrøna cotton gear on the future.

Otherwise I hope IEDs reach neither Switzerland nor Norway within the lifetime of my kids. If ww3 breaks out i just as well want to be vaporized with the first nukes. Norway is only 50% self sufficient for food production so disrupted supply chains would totally suck.
Perhaps you could become cannibals and eat Swedes?

CwmRaider
Ski style: XC-(D) tinkerer
Favorite Skis: Åsnes FT62 XP, Børge Ousland
Occupation: Very precise measurements of very small quantities.

Post by CwmRaider » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:32 am

randoskier wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:09 am
CwmRaider wrote:
randoskier wrote:

Only urban Swedes wearing Fjällräven. Fermented in a can and eaten on flatbread with onions and an aquavit chaser à la Sürströmming.

randoskier
Ski style: awkward
Favorite Skis: snow skis
Favorite boots: go-go

Post by randoskier » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:58 am

CwmRaider wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:32 am
randoskier wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:09 am
CwmRaider wrote:

Only urban Swedes wearing Fjällräven. Fermented in a can and eaten on flatbread with onions and an aquavit chaser à la Sürströmming.
Stockholmers are more expensive but worth it!