I'm done.

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Manney
needs to take stock of his life

Re: I'm done.

Post by Manney » Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:41 pm

CwmRaider wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:01 am
I agree. Until this past winter this forum was vastly more friendly
Friendly or compliant? There is a difference.

Understand ppl want a safe space, but is it really that safe when 3-4 members work together to enforce a doctrine? That’s the old, lazy, lame skier doctrine in case you didn’t notice. Three skiers stuck in a distorted 70s post hole. Another is a lap dog, following where the others go with a limp and a whine.

A few remember the 70s, so they get a sense of comfortable nostalgia from it all. Sort of. The experimentation of that era has faded though. Life is soft and confortable now.

Look at the number of members who join, post a few things, then leave forever. It’s huge. Those who stay yearn an audience. They don’t rock the boat with new thinking, new skiing, new ideas. Nostalgia. Nice and fluffy.

A good reflecting point is ErikH’s video. How many ppl posted something about that young guy’s phenomenal skiing? @fisheater did, to his credit. Not too many of the regulars. Why? It humbled them. Surprised others. That should give a clue into forum culture atm.

It’s a long, long way from the roots of the sport. It’s not progressive, it’s regressive.
Go Ski

phoenix
Ski style: My own
Favorite Skis: Varies,I've had many favorites
Favorite boots: Excursions, T1's

Post by phoenix » Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:14 pm

Once the ice melts, I'm out in my canoe and while I drop in here occasionally this time of year, I haven't posted in a few months. Having messed about with this issue (person) more actively in the earlier rounds, I was glad to see if things would quiet down and smooth out over the summer months.

After having taken a step back and detach, and coming back to see this thread, it's right where it left off. Sad.

FGD, for what it's worth, I think it would be a definite loss for the site if you do decide to leave. As one who has also been on the boards and in the industry for a while, I recognize and respect your knowledge and experience and willingness to share it I've learned from you myself (and you most definitely have a better memory!). Maybe take a break for a while, and check in when and how you want. Maybe click that ignore option; I haven't tried that but perhaps now I will. It seems to stem from one person, who enjoys agitating whomever he can:

"Me? Not so much. Find it amusing… in different ways."

Stephen, I recall you politely tried to resolve the issue earlier on too; I was getting wound up myself at that time and appreciated your patience at that time. I see the thorn has stuck in you now too; another bummer. I do hope you'' also be able to remove the irritation somewhat and enjoy the camaraderie again.

I won't go on to everyone individually in this thread, but I most certainly know who has been here for a while and getting along quite nicely.I'm glad to still be sharing with you guys (umm, maybe I'll start a thread or poll as to why there are about zero women around for more than a post or two on rare occasion. But I digress...). Plenty has been said that I agree with.

Objectively (no pun intended) I will say that I've read a couple of responses in a couple of threads posted by the common agitator, and was glad that at least they weren't of the personally dissing type which, unfortunately, is the trademark. And here it is again.

I don't see myself dropping off the site due to one irritant at this point. It hasn't really become site wide, it's localized. If it can't be removed, perhaps it cn be isolated.Seems to me this vibe appeared first with Grim Surfer, same sort of MO. He disappeared, for whatever reason; he certainly wasn't banned. We'll see how long one person can sustain just being a dick.

Just sayin'.

Manney

Post by Manney » Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:29 pm

connyro wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:25 am
Well lookie here - Manney's got a thread going that's got some importance to himself. It'd be a real shame if something happened to it: say, something like it got derailed or sent off-topic.
And this is what started it. Just sayin.

Tried to do something productive….

Not giving these assholes any quarter. None.
Go Ski

connyro

Post by connyro » Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:10 pm

Manney wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:29 pm
connyro wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:25 am
Well lookie here - Manney's got a thread going that's got some importance to himself. It'd be a real shame if something happened to it: say, something like it got derailed or sent off-topic.
And this is what started it. Just sayin.

Tried to do something productive….

Not giving these assholes any quarter. None.
No, that's not what started "it". You've been being a dick since before I decided to start adding your shitty disgusting and bullying posts to your precious military ski thread. You've hijacked dozens of posts to express your bullshit so I wanted to disrupt a thread that you were invested in so you have a taste of your own medicine. More and more members are expressing disgust with your shit attitude and ignorant bigoted posts yet you've resorted to what about isms and saying everyone is conspiring against you. Get a grip. You arent welcome here.

Manney

Post by Manney » Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:31 pm

But if you want to go back to the very beginning, it’s when Lowangle Al was admonished for being rude to Stephen after his injury. Didn’t know they were an item att. That’s when the dog pile started.

This is where it last left off…

https://www.telemarktalk.com/viewtopic. ... =70#p61047
Johnny wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 4:07 pm
lowangle al wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 10:11 am
It's no coincidence that the only time this place goes to shit is when he shows up.

Because he is telling the truth. Cold hard truth is hard to take. So hard that you simply ignore and deny it. But its much better in my book than spreading pieces of shit everywhere and making false claims about other honest and passionate people.
Have a good sense where it will end. More or less the same place for you…
Go Ski

connyro

Post by connyro » Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:45 pm

Manney wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:31 pm
But if you want to go back to the very beginning, it’s when Lowangle Al was admonished for being rude to Stephen after his injury. Didn’t know they were an item att. That’s when the dog pile started.

This is where it last left off…

https://www.telemarktalk.com/viewtopic. ... =70#p61047
Johnny wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 4:07 pm
lowangle al wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 10:11 am
It's no coincidence that the only time this place goes to shit is when he shows up.

Because he is telling the truth. Cold hard truth is hard to take. So hard that you simply ignore and deny it. But its much better in my book than spreading pieces of shit everywhere and making false claims about other honest and passionate people.
Have a good sense where it will end. More or less the same place for you…
It's all good. So while we wait for my eminent banning, I'm gonna keep adding your shit to your little military ski thread and pointing out your ignorance and inexperience when you inevitable say something stupid and uninformed.

spopepro

Post by spopepro » Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:18 pm

Wait… so connyro and lowangle_al have a timeout, but they’re the only ones? I don’t see much of what’s been said since I make liberal use of the ignore function to enhance my enjoyment of this forum, but this sure seems like an interesting approach to moderation.

Yonderville

Post by Yonderville » Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:20 pm

spopepro wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:18 pm
Wait… so connyro and lowangle_al have a timeout, but they’re the only ones? I don’t see much of what’s been said since I make liberal use of the ignore function to enhance my enjoyment of this forum, but this sure seems like an interesting approach to moderation.
For this forum it’s 1934, Johnny is the Reichstag, and Manney was just named fuhrer.

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Post by fisheater » Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:29 pm

Yonderville wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:20 pm
spopepro wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:18 pm
For this forum it’s 1934, Johnny is the Reichstag, and Manney was just named fuhrer.
Well, if it’s 1934 I guess we just toast the glories to be! ;)

Lhartley

Post by Lhartley » Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:47 am

Stephen wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:38 pm
@Manney, how is it that you can place your singular interest in saving us from ourselves above multiple interests in your not doing that?
If you were able to step back and take an objective look (without self-interest), you would see that you are diminishing the enjoyment and value of this forum for many people.

You may justify this by thinking that you are protecting less knowledgeable members from bad advice, or setting the record straight, but mostly, I doubt many care.

Personally, I would evaluate your "contributions" as a net loss for this forum.
Maybe you could start your own forum, with your flavor of content?

I'll now go back to sitting on my hands...
[/@Manney

Just an observation, but you seem to be a massive part of the "bickering" alluded to. I don't stop by here much in the summer, but it seems to be a huge part of the content. Tbh there probably wouldn't be much content here in the summer without the bickering. And maybe that's the point ahem "adverse impressions".