Manney, and similar…

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Re: Manney, and similar…

Post by lowangle al » Mon May 15, 2023 1:17 pm

fisheater wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 7:42 pm
@lowangle al I am a bit confused, I thought you were a geriatric has been? So I am assuming you’re wearing a helium filled pack, and your nurse took you with a snowmobile into the Alaskan backcountry? BTW I’m happy to see you’re still skiing this season, I have been fishing since March. Do you think the long skiing seasons you have over the years gave you some good insight into backcountry skiing? I mean before you got so old you became a full time window licker?
BTW I realize I’m not to far from window licking status, but I the new (to me) F-3’s I ordered are really impressing me. They have a higher cuff than the T-4, but they are lighter. They are lighter than both my pairs of Alaska! I guess it will come down to two things, does a two pin tech binding offer more control than 75 mm downhill, and is a tech binding better for touring with mid 80’s to mid 90’s touring skis.
Hopefully your nurse will use easy to understand words. I’m still kind of dumbfounded, because from your stills you like like a really good skier to me!

Just curious, I see it’s winter in the mountains, is it spring in the lower elevations? I almost don’t want to know you can ski and fish on consecutive days!
Fish, that was an EASY trip. When you ski with a partner, especially if it's your wife, you need to ski where you can both be happy. Unfortunately that was all my wife was capable of, after being sick for a while. We still got in 5 miles and almost 1500' of vert. Skiing doesn't have to be physically demanding to be fun

Good luck with the new system, it sounds like a winner. If new gear gets you out more, then it's worth the investment.

As far as the fishing goes I'm gonna have to PM you on that one. I'm afraid It may sound too boastful and I've been told I have a big ego. I don't really think that's true though. I just like to see other peoples pictures, so that's why I post my own. I think if I did have a big ego I wouldn't have chosen "Lowangle Al" as my user name 20 years ago. I probably would have gone with one of my other top choices which were, "Bad Ass Motherfucker Al" or "Steep As Shit Angle Al" :)

lowangle al
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Mon May 15, 2023 1:21 pm

Musk Ox wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 10:53 am
lowangle al wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 1:04 pm
Here’s Al, bathing in his own shit yesterday. On T4s too, he must have had a terrible time. IMG_7314.png
This photograph made me so vicariously sad I wrote a poem.

LOWANGLE ALBERT

loangle al
using gravity
on water crystals
weeping
weeping
weeping inside
inside
side
cut

what a waste
of
knees
That's beautiful Musk Ox, except that I almost beat a guy up at work one time for calling Albert one too many times after he had been given my STFU speach.

Musk Ox
Ski style: Bad
Favorite Skis: I am a circumpolar mammal
Favorite boots: Hooves

Post by Musk Ox » Mon May 15, 2023 1:29 pm

Manney wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 12:35 pm
phoenix wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 10:15 am
It's understood that you have some deep seated issues with anyone older than... what, 50?
Examined my feelings… after @Musk Ox ’s poem. Talked to a boomer. Got in touch with myself… now I know what the issue is…

Deep seated dislike of HACKS who, in their declining years, TELL other people what gear they should use to ski just like them… or claim some psychological trauma bs when ppl call them out. The tone deafness of these ppl, all in their twilight years, adds up to the quintessential boomer-Karen-stereotype.

Don’t want to be judged like that? Easy. Don’t act like that.
@lowangle al is none of these things. He's a passionate guy with strong and useful opinions and this forum is better for his contribution.

And even if he were, can you just dial it back a bit? You're making the place less fun. You don't have to. Please tone it down or stop.

lowangle al

Post by lowangle al » Mon May 15, 2023 1:31 pm

mca80 wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 11:02 am
Manney wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 9:55 am
Back country —> canoe seats
Canoes can be and are carried into backcountry so this one I don't understand.
Canoe tripping with portages is the only sport I partake in that pushes me to my physical limit. I did a trip last September that was about thirty miles. It covered 17 lakes and had over six miles of portages that I had to transport 85 pounds of gear over. I got to a higher level of fitness in those three days than I get from a whole season of skiing. I'd post a link to a TR I posted elsewhere, but I don't want anyone following me over there to harass me.

Manney
needs to take stock of his life

Post by Manney » Mon May 15, 2023 1:35 pm

Dial it back… what is that supposed to look like… in THIS thread? Go to the first post and then we can talk about tolerance, free minds etc. LOL
Go Ski

Manney

Post by Manney » Mon May 15, 2023 1:37 pm

lowangle al wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 1:31 pm
mca80 wrote:
Manney wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 9:55 am
Back country —> canoe seats
Canoe tripping with portages is the only sport I partake in that pushes me to my physical limit. I did a trip last September that was about thirty miles. It covered 17 lakes and had over six miles of portages that I had to transport 85 pounds of gear over. I got to a higher level of fitness in those three days than I get from a whole season of skiing. I'd post a link to a TR I posted elsewhere, but I don't want anyone following me over there to harass me.
Then you’re not skiing hard enough, far enough, often enough… letting the chairlift do the work your arms, legs and lungs could be doing.
Go Ski

lowangle al

Post by lowangle al » Mon May 15, 2023 1:45 pm

Manney wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 12:35 pm
phoenix wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 10:15 am
It's understood that you have some deep seated issues with anyone older than... what, 50?
Examined my feelings… after @Musk Ox ’s poem. Talked to a boomer. Got in touch with myself… now I know what the issue is…

Deep seated dislike of HACKS who, in their declining years, TELL other people what gear they should use to ski just like them… or claim some psychological trauma bs when ppl call them out. The tone deafness of these ppl, all in their twilight years, adds up to the quintessential boomer-Karen-stereotype.

Don’t want to be judged like that? Easy. Don’t act like that.
I tell people what "I" do. If their goals and terrain are similar it may work for them too. One thing I don't do is criticize others for their gear choice, like Johnny does. There is nothing wrong with T4s, they will enable you to ski just about any terrain in the bc. As long as you don't need to go 40 mph or want to jump cliff bands.

Manney

Post by Manney » Mon May 15, 2023 1:49 pm

Sounds like you have differences with Johnny to iron out too…
Go Ski

lowangle al

Post by lowangle al » Mon May 15, 2023 1:55 pm

Manney wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 1:37 pm
lowangle al wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 1:31 pm
mca80 wrote:

Then you’re not skiing hard enough, far enough, often enough… letting the chairlift do the work your arms, legs and lungs could be doing.
That is exactly right Manny, I'm not skiing hard enough, no argument there. I do go far enough and often enough to be in good physical condition though. I don't need to bust my ass skiing to have fun , no sweat required. I did enough of that during my years of physical labor and most of my skiing career.

I don't know what makes you think I ride a chairlift. I'd say it's less than 5% of my skiing days. Maybe 4 or 5 times in the last ten years.

lowangle al

Post by lowangle al » Mon May 15, 2023 2:01 pm

Manney wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 1:49 pm
Sounds like you have differences with Johnny to iron out too…
Nothing needs to be ironed out. If Johnny thinks T4s are boring and skiing 75mm gear exclusively is retarded that's, his opinion. When he puts it in my face, that's being an asshole. I'm not here to converse with him. People that ski naked and eat out of dumpsters aren't high on my list of those I want to associate with.