New skis for Finnish Defence Forces

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
randoskier
Ski style: awkward
Favorite Skis: snow skis
Favorite boots: go-go

Re: New skis for Finnish Defence Forces

Post by randoskier » Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:04 am

mca80 wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:54 pm
I searched for NATO on this forum seeking info about the Asnes skis and literally half the posts are @randoskier pontificating about geopolitics.
You're welcome.

randoskier
Ski style: awkward
Favorite Skis: snow skis
Favorite boots: go-go

Post by randoskier » Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:52 am

mca80 wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:54 pm
I searched for NATO on this forum seeking info about the Asnes skis and literally half the posts are @randoskier pontificating about geopolitics.
Don't worry the Upper Pen is safe, Only Ted Nugent's illegit children live there.

snowplow

Post by snowplow » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:58 pm

I've got the stiffest version and I was curious to find out how miserable the superheavies would be skiing these. Turns out it's not bad at all.
Shoved every piece of cast iron cookware I have in the backpack and used a trash picker to move a sheet of paper under the scales. Positive numbers means it ended up in front of scales, negative ones mean the scales are dragging.
ksf_scout.png
The length of the scaled pattern is 70 cm and at 130 it's not entirely compressed with one foot on the ski.