Andrew Rifugio to come! In many sizes

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Rodbelan
Ski style: Very stylish
Favorite Skis: Splitkein
Favorite boots: Alpina Blaze and my beloved Alpina Sports Jr

Re: Andrew Rifugio to come! In many sizes

Post by Rodbelan » Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:46 am

JB TELE wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:37 pm
I wonder if Andrew Boots would sell you a pair directly and ship to North America? Doesn't hurt to ask.
Even if it would be possible, I do not think it would be wise... Italian boots made for EU market are narrower than boots made for NA market... You really need to try before you commit...

Here is the answer I got from Novafor:
«Nous avons eu justement une réunion sur les arrivages de 2024. *Le fabriquant éprouve des difficultés d’approvisionnement de matière première.* Le model Rifugio (Telemark) a été mis de côté pour l’instant. Nous regrettons cette nouvelle, tout en espérant qu’elle ne soit pas définitive. Je vous invite à nous suivre sur les réseaux sociaux afin d’être prévenu dès son arrivée éventuelle. Bien entendu, le cas échéant, je vous contacterai pour vous annoncer la disponibilité de ladite botte.»
É y fa ty fret? On é ty ben dun ti cotton waté?
célèbre et ancien chant celtique

Rodbelan

Post by Rodbelan » Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:48 am

Jurassien wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:29 pm
Rodbelan wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:17 am
Nope... I don't understand, the guy was 100% positive... I'll have to give them a call...
My dear Rod B.
I think the only way that you or anyone else is going to get his hands on this boot is to take a flight to Venice, then a train to Montebelluna, and go and set up a picket in the car park outside the factory, holding a large sign saying “Voglio i miei scarponi……….ma subito!”.

Montebelluna.png
Andrew Factory.png
Geez... On this map, there is a place called Caonada... It sounds like home.

Anyway, if I do that, I would probably forget about the boots...

lilcliffy
Ski style: backcountry Nordic ski touring
Favorite Skis: Asnes Ingstad, Combat Nato, Amundsen, Rabb 68; Altai Kom
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska BC; Lundhags Expedition; Alfa Skaget XP; Scarpa T4
Instructor at Maritime College of Forest Technology
Husband, father, farmer and logger

Post by lilcliffy » Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:02 am

I have not asked Andrew directly whether I could custom order a Telemark boot-
but, I have asked them (more than once, over the years) whether I could custom order a chainsaw boot from them-
the answer?
Yes- they responded with instructions on how to measure both of my feet- asked me which model I wanted- and quoted me a price at MSRP.
I don't see why this wouldn't apply to a Telemark boot.
Cross-country AND down-hill skiing in the backcountry.
Unashamed to be a "cross-country type" and love skiing down-hill.

Rodbelan

Post by Rodbelan » Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:10 am

lilcliffy wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:02 am
but, I have asked them (more than once, over the years) whether I could custom order a chainsaw boot from them-
the answer?
Yes- they responded with instructions on how to measure both of my feet- asked me which model I wanted- and quoted me a price at MSRP.
Are you talking about a custom hand made boot? Made to measure? What I heard from Novafor is that the Rifugio is a production made ski boot, hence, the strategy to import the whole line, from 7 to 12 US. I talked about fit with the manager and he told me the only way was to come to the store and try the boot... I knew from the start I could order a pair just for myself, but they told me that I had to take the risk (not them).

Jurassien
Ski style: Nordic touring; Alpine touring
Favorite Skis: Too many!

Post by Jurassien » Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:28 am

Rodbelan wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:48 am
Jurassien wrote:
Rodbelan wrote:
Nope... I don't understand, the guy was 100% positive... I'll have to give them a call...
My dear Rod B.
I think the only way that you or anyone else is going to get his hands on this boot is to take a flight to Venice, then a train to Montebelluna, and go and set up a picket in the car park outside the factory, holding a large sign saying “Voglio i miei scarponi……….ma subito!”.

Montebelluna.png
Andrew Factory.png

I think that would be a wise decision:
Andrew Street View.png

Rodbelan

Post by Rodbelan » Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:46 am

Jurassien wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:28 am
Rodbelan wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:48 am
Jurassien wrote:

My dear Rod B.

Montebelluna.png
Andrew Factory.png

I think that would be a wise decision:
Andrew Street View.png
:lol: :lol: :lol:

lilcliffy
Ski style: backcountry Nordic ski touring
Favorite Skis: Asnes Ingstad, Combat Nato, Amundsen, Rabb 68; Altai Kom
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska BC; Lundhags Expedition; Alfa Skaget XP; Scarpa T4
Instructor at Maritime College of Forest Technology
Husband, father, farmer and logger

Post by lilcliffy » Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:33 pm

Rodbelan wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:10 am
lilcliffy wrote:
the answer?
Are you talking about a custom hand made boot? Made to measure? What I heard from Novafor is that the Rifugio is a production made ski boot, hence, the strategy to import the whole line, from 7 to 12 US. I talked about fit with the manager and he told me the only way was to come to the store and try the boot... I knew from the start I could order a pair just for myself, but they told me that I had to take the risk (not them).
Kinda custom-
They asked me to measure on both feet:
- length
- width at metatarsus
- width at heel
- circumference at metatarsus
- instep measurement (ie from back of heel on one side- around instep- to the other side of the back of the heel

I was told they would custom make any style of boot I wanted- they just needed complete measurements and the chosen model.
Cross-country AND down-hill skiing in the backcountry.
Unashamed to be a "cross-country type" and love skiing down-hill.

Bohemian
Ski style: AT, telemark, BC, XC, snowboard (alpine)

Post by Bohemian » Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:59 pm

lilcliffy wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:33 pm
Rodbelan wrote:
lilcliffy wrote:
the answer?
Kinda custom-
- length
- width at metatarsus
- width at heel
- instep measurement (ie from back of heel on one side- around instep- to the other side of the back of the heel

I was told they would custom make any style of boot I wanted- they just needed complete measurements and the chosen model.

That sounds very tempting, also for working boots!
Werner Munter: "What is the most dangerous group in the mountains? A group of avalanche experts! The avalanche doesn't know you're an expert" ;)

JohnSKepler
Ski style: XCBCD
Favorite Skis: Asnes Falkentind 62 (172), Asnes Gamme54 (190)
Favorite boots: Alaska Alpina XP
Alfa Free

Post by JohnSKepler » Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:12 pm

lilcliffy wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:33 pm
Rodbelan wrote:
lilcliffy wrote:
the answer?
Kinda custom-
- length
- width at metatarsus
- width at heel

With my oddly-shaped hobbit feet this could save me a lot of time and money...
Jurassien wrote:
Rodbelan wrote:
My dear Rod B.

Montebelluna.png
Andrew Factory.png
I'll volunteer to take that trip. Y'all send me all your measurements and a couple hundred bucks apiece and I'll fly over there and buy some from the factory for you guys. I'll even test any of the boots that fit me on the local Nordic type trails and make sure they're functioning correctly. I probably should stay long enough to test them at different altitudes and different types of snow. That way you'll know for sure that you're getting a great product.

Y'all won't have to do a thing. I'll bring back the boots and ship 'em to each of you. It'd be a long hard trip but that's just the kind of selfless, giving person I am. I'll go ahead and get the fight booked...
Veni, Vidi, Viski

3pinsandduckbills
Ski style: Norpine
Favorite Skis: Karhu XCD, Tua Tele Sauvage
Favorite boots: Double Leathers

Post by 3pinsandduckbills » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:45 pm

Looks like Andrew may be out of the Telemark boots. I reached out to Novafor to see if I could order the Ultimate (and any other Telemark boot) and this was the reply:

"We made an order for telemark boots last November.
Unfortunately, Andrew Footwear has decided to cancel this order. Here is what they wrote to us:

’Sorry for the wait. We needed to get in touch with our suppliers, but unfortunately, we are no longer able to source the materials to make the telemark.’

Therefore, we have to cancel the order. I apologize.

We have received a few demands for telemark boots and would have liked to offer this product, but with no support from Andrew, we can no longer think about it.

We are really sorry.

Do not hesitate if you have any other questions."

Looks like it's getting harder and harder to find new leather tele boots with a welted sole