Pictures, pictures and pictures!

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Montana St Alum
Ski style: Old dog, new school
Favorite Skis: Blizzard Rustler 9/10
Favorite boots: Tx Pro

Re: Pictures, pictures and pictures!

Post by Montana St Alum » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:24 am

It would be nice to have a "Like" button. Lots of great pictures!

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Post by Woodserson » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:41 am

This is me with my Ingstads back in December boulder-hopping across a decidedly unfrozen river with 2' of snow at night in single digit temps. Just the best kind of tour!
PXL_20231206_222243003.NIGHT.jpg

Jurassien
Ski style: Nordic touring; Alpine touring
Favorite Skis: Too many!

Post by Jurassien » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:43 am

For those of us who can’t get enough of Norway (and I would be one of those), here is a continuation of my last series of pictures. Some of us should be getting a commission from the Norwegian Ministry of Trade, Industry and Fisheries (tourist authority) for posting these photos.

Breheimen/Jotunheimen
On route southwards from Sognefjellet to Skogadalsbøen DNT, looking back at the Fannaråki Group (R) and the Skagastølstindane/Hurrungane Group (L). I didn’t see a single person on this section, all the way from Sognefjellshytta to Skogadalsbøen – not a soul – in spite of the perfect weather and the fact that it was Good Friday – peak ski-touring season in Norway.
Not a Soul.jpg
Breheimen/Jotunheimen
At the top of the descent into Vetle Utladalen. The lovely fluffy powder up here turned quickly to mush when I hit a steep south-facing slope further down. It was like skiing through a bowl of porridge.
Descent to Utladalen.jpg
Jotunheimen
Approaching Skogadalsbøen DNT, a little jewel of a hut in the Jotunheim Mountains.
Approaching Skogadalsbøen.jpg
Jotunheimen
On route from Skogadalsbøen to Fondsbu DNT. Looking back down the little side-valley of Uradalen and across the main north-south valley of Utladalen towards the jagged tops of the Hurrungane Group.
Hurrungane.jpg
Jotunheimen
This little pass (Uradalsbandet, according to the map) at 1430m is the highest point of the day’s tour on the way to Fondsbu. It lies directly west of Uranostinden – a very popular ski-touring peak. The onward ski-route can be seen down below cutting across the left (east) side of Uradalsvatnet (lake).
Urdaldbandet.jpg
Jotunheimen
HUT AHOY!!! (shouted at the top of my voice).
On the descent to Fondsbu DNT, which is in the cluster of buildings on the extreme left of the picture. The scattering of cabins dead ahead, which look as if they were shaken out of a Cornflakes box, is not a village in the normal sense but a collection of mainly weekend/holiday occupancy homes. The Norwegians like their weekend cabin retreats and such “Cabin Villages” have sprung up in quite a few places in the Norwegian mountains.
Descent to Fondsbu copy.jpg

Chriso

Post by Chriso » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:40 am

:D
telerat wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:25 am
JB TELE wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:03 pm
How do you like the Rabb? I've been wondering where they fit on the spectrum of XC to downhill performance and how they compared to other XCD skis like the s-bound 98s.
Check out his thread on choosing the ski: https://www.telemarktalk.com/viewtopic. ... =40#p67606
Perhaps @Chriso will also add to that or to the Rabb/Falketind comparison thread: https://www.telemarktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4916
@lilcliffy also has experience with the Rabb, as well as Falketind 62 X. Perhaps there should be a new Rabb review, as I believe it has changed quite a bit from the old model which has its own review: https://www.telemarktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2244

Let us keep this thread for pictures with short descriptions of were they are from, and perhaps how conditions was and/or what gear was used.
I will add my impression of the Rabb soon. In some of the threads mentioned abowe. Just need to gather some more experience first. I concure on starting a new thread for the newest version of the ski.

To all the photos postet lately.... WOW! They really trigger motivation to go out skiing.

Since this is a picture thread I'll add 1 more of the Rabb 8-)
Snapchat-758166365.jpg
Rabb in sunset
Norway, Trøndelag
Gamme 54
Rabb 68

Gustav_H78
Ski style: Fast big turns
Favorite Skis: Klint

Post by Gustav_H78 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:03 am

IMG_20240216_10260546.jpg
Swinging my Salomon QST 99 in the slopes at Ramundberget Sweden!
Gustav

Stephen
Ski style: Aspirational Hack
Favorite Skis: Armada Tracer 118 (195), Gamme (210), Ingstad (205), Objective BC (178), Nordica Enforcer 94
Favorite boots: Alfa Guard Advance, Scarpa TX Pro
6’3” / 191cm — 172# / 78kg, size 47 / 30 mondo

Post by Stephen » Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:02 pm

Montana St Alum wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:24 am
It would be nice to have a "Like" button. Lots of great pictures!
+1 on that!
They may not get a direct comment, but are enjoyed.

JB TELE

Post by JB TELE » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:14 am

A few days ago at Cumbres pass. Skied off this ridge with madshus annums and 3-pin leathers. Lots of fun.

Musk Ox
Ski style: Bad
Favorite Skis: I am a circumpolar mammal
Favorite boots: Hooves

Post by Musk Ox » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:41 am

Hut ahoy!

Happy Christmas everyone!

Jurassien

Post by Jurassien » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:13 am

Musk Ox wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:41 am

Hut ahoy!

“WHICH HUT ARE YOU?”

Jurassien

Post by Jurassien » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:44 pm

And now for something completely different:

The famous “Beltebil” (tracked car).
These are ancient NATO snow vans from the 1950’s. A local transport company bought up a whole fleet of them and maintains them in working order. They use them to ferry skiers/tourists/weekend cabin visitors from the road at Tyin Lake up to Fondsbu (or, more correctly, Eidsbugarden). The tarmacked road is otherwise impassable for normal vehicles in winter. Quite an experience to ride in them, with their minimalistic controls.

Those of us who have bags of energy to spare step into the planks and leg it over the 14km of lake plus 3km of terra firma.
Beltebil.jpg
The dashboard and controls of the beltebil.
Note the manufacturer’s nameplate on the right:
Bombardier Tracked Vehicles
14325-114 Ave.
Edmonton
Beltebil dashboard.jpg