RavenTele / Ron

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
cansalski

Re: RavenTele / Ron

Post by cansalski » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:53 pm

Honestly ? I do not not EXACTLY why Ron was banned this time. I am not interested enough in the specifics to bother to read back and wade through all the threads to see what the exact debate was that got him booted. But I know him and his forum history well enough to know that it centered around some silly-assed bullshit discussion about specifics of technique, most likely. WHAT set me off was reading through this thread which is absolutely chock full of nonsense regarding the guy as well as the places he skis. And what bothered me equally was seeing how his work will be used to continue to benefit this forum and how esteemed members were rushing to take over his efforts while people like you continue to attack him personally while he is gagged and bound. Disgusting!
Last edited by cansalski on Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1EyedJack
Ski style: On my butt

Post by 1EyedJack » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:08 pm

give Johnny a call when ron is cured
"everybody's a genius" - albert einstein

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Post by Johnny » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:02 am

Come on Ron, you're not fooling anyone here. Do you really think we're all that stupid? (Well, we know you do now...) We all knew this is exactly what you would do after being banned here.

You had a million chances to prove you were a good guy. I gave you a chance to leave in pride. The world would have thought you left by your own will as you said you would. Even this very thread was a chance for you to prove your good intentions. But instead, you just totally trashed it like everything else. Once and for all, I think you just clearly proved us all what kind of man you really are.

You just blew it dude. Just face it and accept what you did. You totally ruined it with your sick, childish, selfish and fucking retarded behavior. And there's nothing I can do for you to save your ass this time.

Good luck my friend...

P.S: We all know Teleman is a real good guy. He's a very passionate skier who takes the time to take great pictures of something he really enjoys. I really hope he'll keep sharing his passion with us. We're all like this in here, we're all friends. But it's such a shame that you spoil HIS work with your fucking bullshit. Teleman don't deserve to be associated with you and your anger. The KTB deserve much more than this.
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

Rodbelan
Ski style: Very stylish
Favorite Skis: Splitkein
Favorite boots: Alpina Blaze and my beloved Alpina Sports Jr

Post by Rodbelan » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:28 am

^^^Je seconde...
É y fa ty fret? On é ty ben dun ti cotton waté?
célèbre et ancien chant celtique

mark

Post by mark » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:12 pm

Ron pretty much drove the nail in the coffin of the telemarktips community as Mitch lost interest in moderating. I haven't posted or followed this site specifically because it's pretty much Ron's world when you look at the thread title/last comment list. The guy's done irreparable harm to the online telemark community and will continue to do so. It's just the way he's wired.

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:45 pm

Well the decision was final and I will do my best to uphold the decision. Ron is gone.

I'm not sure about him being the sole destroyer of online telemark communities having been at EYT for a bit and opening myself up as someone new to the sport. There are still plenty of other whackjobs, AT jocks, elitists, curmudgeons, etc... hanging around from the old Ttips era (I only know the tales) that are driving new ideas and people away. And it's not like people aren't eager to help - it's all of the old bad blood that gets spilled that makes it unappealing.

Regardless of that I feel that the majority of people are still going to get into telemark from the XCD side, especially here in the east. Some people try to promote buying plastic boots, carving skis, and NTN bindings to start and going to resorts. Yeah, you'll get some people that way but it will never have the appeal of Alpine skiing. I believe more people will get into that aspect of it later on after xc skiing, going to BC Nordic, learning how to handle more difficult terrain, and then maybe having some interest in applying those techniques to the resort. I doubt many will go the other way and if they do, they will surely struggle because it's much harder to ski in leather boots than it is plastic. Isn't that the way the sport progressed anyway and the way most of these old timers started? Now they all expect newcomers to go jump on the black diamonds and rip huge lines without paying their dues, without learning how to really ski with free heels. I don't know?

Just to tell a little story on what I mean:

I was skiing at a local park the other day and I usually avoid other people but I wanted to take a few runs down a hill. It had been a snow day so there were lots of kids there sledding. When I went for my first run down I got a lot weird looks and kids amazed that I was skiing and not on a sled. Even some parents were amazed. A lady stopped me as I was climbing up and asked me "So I could have brought my skis?" I asked her what they were and she said XC. I said sure, it won't be easy but you can. Then I showed her my skis (S Bound 98s) and bindings (3 pins) and told her it is a bit easier this way, but not to let the gear stop her. After a few runs I went kicking and gliding off and skied for 4 miles, then came back and did some more runs.

So what's my point? It just goes to show people lock themselves into ideas about what they can do and how they can do things. Nothing is easy. Even downhill skiing takes some work. But skiing down a sledding hill isn't a great challenge, even with xc skis - try it, you might like it.

Encourage people. Don't alienate them.

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics

Post by Johnny » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:58 am

Ron pretty much drove the nail in the coffin of the telemarktips community as Mitch lost interest in moderating. I haven't posted or followed this site specifically because it's pretty much Ron's world when you look at the thread title/last comment list. The guy's done irreparable harm to the online telemark community and will continue to do so. It's just the way he's wired.
I 100% agree with you. We knew that by banning Ron from the very start, the site would have gotten more support. But I thought by promoting respect, freedom and openness, it would have a better effect than just banning and moderating. I was totally wrong. Please excuse my naive optimism about humanity...

My bad, I'm really sorry about that. Time to heal the harm and build this thing together...
There are still plenty of other whackjobs, AT jocks, elitists, curmudgeons, etc... hanging around from the old Ttips era
Thank God, there's now plenty of other forums for people like that... Yep, encourage people. Don't alienate them.

Dirtbag

Post by Dirtbag » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:12 pm

I don't think there's much healing to do but I can see a lot more participation happening in the future. Thanks for you efforts Johhny.

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:30 pm

Dirtbag wrote:I don't think there's much healing to do
Speak for yourself... I have massive psychological damage! Although I'm not sure I can blame Ron for that entirely...

Can we lock this thread Johnny? I'm not sure any more good can come from it.

Johnny
Site Admin

Post by Johnny » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:59 pm

Banning, moderating and now locking threads?!? Gee, it's getting serious..! 8-)

It's so sad to see that yeah, one apple does indeed spoil the whole thing. The world sucks only because bla bla bla bla... Ok stop it Johnny, you knew it would come to this one day...

I have a batch of new users to activate right now, half of them must be Ron's fake profiles. It's no surprise, it's exactly what he did after being banned from every single ski forum. It's so sad, but from now on, every trace of insult, attitude, bitching or any Raventele-style crap will get deleted on the spot. Are you ready Mike?

But yeah, sure, go ahead... Did you find the 'lock thread' button yet? 8-)

EDIT: I found it!