RavenTele / Ron

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Raventele
BANNED!
BANNED!

Re: RavenTele / Ron

Post by Raventele » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:47 pm

Do you really have to spit like that because I pointed out that you have spent all your time in this forum trying to trash the XCD thread, myself and the KTB ? And that you also called LJ out on a trivial matter that went ignored ? And that you only now turn up because, well , that's all you do! ?
Get a grip dude.. go skiing.. contribute SOMETHING !
Yea, dong's right. : those calling most loudly for a banning are always the simpletons who give nothing..
"Everyone is helpful, everyone is kind, on the road to Shambala"

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:16 pm

Sorry Ron - Johnny convinced me I should come back.

I'm sorry about the XCD thread. I didn't mean to shit it up on you - I'd have to go back and look at the first time I ever said something detrimental on there because I can't recall. I wasn't trying to trash it or anything - probably just commented on something or made a little joke and you didn't like it.

I'm still not Climbhoser - he has blondish hair, does/did live in Colorado and his name isn't Mike. FHW is an idiot.

I'm also not connyro - no idea who that name really is, but it's not me. I'm not sure how I might prove that, but it doesn't really even matter. Don't hold your breath expecting some pm confession about that, because it's never going to happen simply because it's not true.

Dong did a great job of fooling us all - hooray for him. I'm glad that kind of reinforcement is here to make everyone paranoid that some old or new enemy is out to get them in some way or another...

Anyway, to those of you kind enough to ignore this bullshit drama and talk about cool and interesting things related to skiing, thank you!

Dongshow

Post by Dongshow » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:43 pm

Mike, when I signed up here it wasn't my intention to pretend to be someone else or to troll Ron but he makes it so easy sometimes to get him all riled up. What started as innocuous comments on technique snowballed out of control. I remember countless examples of this at Ttips where I was involved or not involved. It must be a character flaw(of mine), but Ron's online persona makes me want to poke him with a stick.

I'm pretty sure Ron is alright in real life and would be fun to ski with even if he's not that great a skier and sometimes gives bad advice about gear and technique. I'm a mediocre skier too.

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:56 pm

Dongshow wrote: I'm a mediocre skier too.
Aren't we all?

Teleman

Post by Teleman » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:09 pm

^^^^^^^..No! TM

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Post by Johnny » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:23 pm

There's no such thing as mediocre skiers or good skiers. Only people having fun playing outside.

Even as a "Certified" telemark instructor (Wouh! Who cares?!?), I never judge a skier by his angulation, the symmetry of his skis or the height of his arms, but rather by his capacity of having fun and enjoying the snow on any given day on any kind of gear...
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

connyro
needs to take stock of his life
needs to take stock of his life

Post by connyro » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:37 pm

LoveJohnny wrote:There's no such thing as mediocre skiers or good skiers. Only people having fun playing outside.

Even as a "Certified" telemark instructor (Wouh! Who cares?!?), I never judge a skier by his angulation, the symmetry of his skis or the height of his arms, but rather by his capacity of having fun and enjoying the snow on any given day on any kind of gear...
Some may also judge a skier by how long they have to wait for you/you have to wait for them at the top or bottom of a lap. Or if you think you'll be the one hauling their damaged carcass out of the woods or if they will be able to haul your broken ass out!

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:34 pm

I'm having a lot of fun being below average :mrgreen:

We got a ton of snow today and my wife had a snow day so I took a half day to go do some sledding hill skiing and K&G touring. Was totally worth it.

Dongshow

Post by Dongshow » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:49 am

Well, did Ron get the boot or did he split?

If you're out there Ron, send me an email, that address I sent you is valid.

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:11 am

Ron was voted off the island...

You can find him at Telemarkeast for now.