RavenTele / Ron

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Dongshow

Re: RavenTele / Ron

Post by Dongshow » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:37 am

I'm not these people you keep claiming I am Ron. Bluewood has been nice and the coverage is good. It's a short 40 minutes from Pomeroy. I will be here until the first week in March and then it's a few weeks road trip before heading back to CA.

Next weekend I will be in Wenatchee for my friends' daughter's birthday. Probably won't do any skiing as they say that the last warm up nearly killed Mission's season even without any measurable precip.

Despite the near term forecast, the outlook for the West looks dire and next weekends atmospheric river might be the death nell for this season in the Northwest. It's worse back home.

Oh, and I didn't trash the XCD thread, you did when I posted for the first time in that thread on page 55 saying I didn't agree with your assessment of the skier in CIMA's video. It devolved from there because you have to be right and can't stand it when anyone openly disagrees with you. You are the one who started with the insult and name calling and I and others just followed suit, you know, it's like that when "attacked". That's what you've said many times.

Raventele
BANNED!
BANNED!

Post by Raventele » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:17 pm

"Dong" ,
My mom and step-dad lived in Pomeroy for many years. I logged there on both private and FS ground. I XCD skied and snowmobiled on the breaks of the mountains.I fished in the rivers and streams .I worked out of Dayton just a couple of miles from Bluewood. I have friends in the region who ski up there.I know the area. :lol: :lol:
It takes 40 minutes to drive from Pomeroy to Dayton alone!; it takes about another 40 to get up to Bluewood. That's 80 minutes discounting snowy roads. Maybe you ski at some other Bluewood ?
"It's a short 40 minutes from Pomeroy." ??? That's wrong by exactly 100 percent.
In case you can't figure it out: excessive and error-laden trolling is of no service to this community.
The way to Bluewood is from Pomery down 12 to Dayton..Then you follow the Touchet (pronounced 2-she by the locals... kinda overcamped but still fun fishing-- not sure how the steelhead are doing now, but the lower parts of the river are open for the runs ) River on up.. slow road ..22 miles up the N. Touchet..
"Everyone is helpful, everyone is kind, on the road to Shambala"

HereToHelp

Post by HereToHelp » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:16 pm

LoveJohnny wrote:
I'll also add that threads like this are exactly what killed T-TIPS1 for me and most others.
Exactly. It would be sad doing the same mistake twice. That's why I'm asking for your advice.
I'm no wise man, I don't have a perfect solution. I just want the best for this forum, for the benefit of everyone. Thank you for your input...
From what I see, you've already had more than enough input and the consensus appears to be that one bad apple does indeed spoil the barrel. Face it, Ron just HAS TO BE the centre of attention. He can't help but to insert himself into every thread. People get tired of that.

Raventele
BANNED!
BANNED!

Post by Raventele » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:31 pm

^^ Read the front page.. :roll: :roll: how many threads am I actually in ? If you want to help, start with telling the truth..The only threads that were getting trashed were my own, and with a lot of help from various members - like dong, who does not even know where the hell he is or where he skis.. :lol:
MR Help, you have been a member for almost 1 year with a total of 3 posts..this being the 3rd..What a contribution!
Here's one in which you attack johnny for using a pic that's covered by fair usage..
Did you get permission from Dave Wagg before posting this picture. Posting other's pictures without consent and credits is really not cool.

And here's your last gem..and that's it..all ya got..Here you attacked me for posting a ski pic .. So, yer batting 100 , all attack , no contribution.Yet another old Ttips/EYT hack. It would seem that you only joined to trash the forum including the owner.
WTF????? Same picture four times plus two Bumps????? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? Doesn't it get lonely talking to yourself, Ronnie? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:...

Dongshow

Post by Dongshow » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:43 pm

Raventele wrote:"Dong" ,
My mom and step-dad lived in Pomeroy for many years. I logged there on both private and FS ground. I XCD skied and snowmobiled on the breaks of the mountains.I fished in the rivers and streams .I worked out of Dayton just a couple of miles from Bluewood. I have friends in the region who ski up there.I know the area. :lol: :lol:
It takes 40 minutes to drive from Pomeroy to Dayton alone!; it takes about another 40 to get up to Bluewood. That's 80 minutes discounting snowy roads. Maybe you ski at some other Bluewood ?
"It's a short 40 minutes from Pomeroy." ??? That's wrong by exactly 100 percent.
In case you can't figure it out: excessive and error-laden trolling is of no service to this community.
The way to Bluewood is from Pomery down 12 to Dayton..Then you follow the Touchet (pronounced 2-she by the locals... kinda overcamped but still fun fishing-- not sure how the steelhead are doing now, but the lower parts of the river are open for the runs ) River on up.. slow road ..22 miles up the N. Touchet..
Well it's more like an hour. I can drive 65-70 on 12 and then another 30 minutes from Dayton. The roads are dry lately if you hadn't noticed. Yes, I was fooling with you. It's 48 miles door to door from my trailer west of Pomeroy.

Raventele
BANNED!
BANNED!

Post by Raventele » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:54 pm

Really ? So now you backpeddle essentially admitting to trolling ? Not elegant..And you're not even in Pomeroy. If you are trolling and actually in Pomeroy, then you don't care about this forum AT AL; there's no innocence in keeping this thing going, but you are admitting to just that! ..
Perhaps your hope of having me banned overrides all else ?
I know the area far better than you ever will..It will take you a little less than 1.5 hrs to get up there..40 minutes is ridiculous..The road is twisted and hilly from Pomeroy to Dayton..it's a 40 minute drive, and the rest is also 40 IF you are lucky.
I WORKED THERE, played there lived there, you CANNOT get to Bluewood from Pomery in 1 hour..Under ideal conditions, maybe 1hr 15..Winter is slower.traffic up there, slower..
Google maps are pretty close..they give it 1 hr 15 minutes under ideal conditions..winter, as we all know, slows things down..

HereToHelp

Post by HereToHelp » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:21 pm

Raventele wrote: MR Help, you have been a member for almost 1 year with a total of 3 posts..this being the 3rd..What a contribution!
Here's one in which you attack johnny for using a pic that's covered by fair usage..
Did you get permission from Dave Wagg before posting this picture. Posting other's pictures without consent and credits is really not cool.]
Oddly enough, JL agreed with me:

"Sorry dude. You're right, it's not cool. No bad intention here. I have a folder with hundreds of telly pics that I collected over the years. Unfortunately, they don't come with info."

But don't let reality and common courtesy to the rightful owner of the image get in the way of you spouting you 'fair use' BS yet again.

Isn't it odd that it's always everyone else who's at fault yet you're the one who is banned from nearly every ski-related internet forum. You know what they say: "When you've been in the room for an hour and haven't figured out who the assh0le is..."

Raventele
BANNED!
BANNED!

Post by Raventele » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:35 pm

The pic continued to be used..your whine was ignored..Whats' that tell ya, bro ?? :lol:
And what kinda fool puts pix on the web that are easily found on Google and expects that they should never get used ? :lol: :roll:

Raventele
BANNED!
BANNED!

Post by Raventele » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:03 pm

This just in folks! Our good friend Dongshow has now admitted to me in private that, well, no he does not live down in Pomery and ski Bluewood (as I knew) but he does in fact live in WENATCHEE and he's none other than our old forum friend AARON WRIGHT of Ttips and EYT fame!
Welcome to the forum Aaron!

Jeff

Post by Jeff » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:05 pm

LoveJohnny wrote:
I'll also add that threads like this are exactly what killed T-TIPS1 for me and most others.
Exactly. It would be sad doing the same mistake twice. That's why I'm asking for your advice.
I'm no wise man, I don't have a perfect solution. I just want the best for this forum, for the benefit of everyone. Thank you for your input...

Would any of you be interested in getting involved in managing/moderating the forum?
I have a good amount of respect for those that agree to volunteer moderate forums. It's a tough job to do and even harder to do well. I have the attention span of a fly so I'd be the last choice.