‘Adventure’ xc racing events

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
chris_the_wrench

Re: ‘Adventure’ xc racing events

Post by chris_the_wrench » Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:46 pm

RabbitEars wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:47 am
Registration just opened for Jay P’s Fat Pursuit. It’s a fat bike event in Island Park Idaho. they also have a ski category. I just signed up for the 60k. Would be cool to meet up with anyone from this forum that might be at that event.

https://www.fatpursuit.com/?m=1
Some how I missed this last year, did you end up doing the event? Trip report?

Thanks
Chris

エイダン.シダル

Post by エイダン.シダル » Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:11 pm

Rainbow83 wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:54 pm
Maybe consider checking out the Canadian Ski Marathon? It's kinda far away in Quebec, but it's a whole weekend experience that I recommend every XC skier try at least once. It is a groomed event, but it's not a race, just a big tour. You can do up to 50 miles on day 1 and 50 miles on day 2 through woods, fields, logging roads, and even over a lake. They split it up into 5 sections each day and have aid stations with loads of hot food and drinks between each section. There's like, thousands of people who do it, from hardcore racers to novice skiers. It's a real good time.
Long been interested. What's your ski recommendation? I'm due for an upgrade to my SNS crap. I'm a 50y+ duffer who wants to finish the distance, not win.

Would Mtn Races with NNN be overkill? I don't think I want the narrowest skis, for a try-hard MAMIL ('middle aged man in Lycra').

JB TELE

Post by JB TELE » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:28 pm

The Alaska Mountain Wilderness Ski Classic.