Sick of breaking NTN bindings...

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
bogon

Re: Sick of breaking NTN bindings...

Post by bogon » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:33 pm

Nils wrote:v1.0 Evos
^^ this.
I like all kinds of snow. The only poor snow I know of is ice. That better be climbed.

GEO

Post by GEO » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:06 am

Sorry about the breakages. As for the lateral movement? Seems like springs are tight enough/worn out/too soft?

World Cup skiers races light yellow TX Pros & Free rides ... (Not to say you aren't a badass)

As usual - bring more than one pair of skis and boots in your rig skiing. You'll save broken days!

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Post by Johnny » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:17 am

It's always vertical, not lateral... Too much pressure from the boot going forward...

But again, without a doubt, it's weather related... They only break below 5F... And I realized yesterday that it only happens with (different ones) GS skis... Maybe due to the fact that my whole body is leaning forward a bit more in GS mode...

Yeah, I used to have 4 pairs of NTN skis in the car in case this would happen... But at one point I had to pay the rent...

World Cup skiers get all the latest models for free... I get the leftovers... I thought about getting into the racing team a few years ago... But I really don't feel the need to prove to anyone I can be the fastest... 8-)
(Not to mention that I would have to wear a helmet... beurk!)

To me It's not about striving against each other... It's quite the opposite, it's about fun...
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

GEO

Post by GEO » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:20 am

Fair enough LJ! Somehow I am back signing in almost 2 years later on this thread.....

That difference among us has always existed, dividing also a huge talent pool.

Top Norwegian WC skiers may get stuff for free, and maybe the top lovely & brilliant frenchies do, but the rest of the pack relies on making d, at least that was my experience.

So you still breaking the toe cups? You really would think you'd see more breakage among the WC skiers who are skiing hard ice often and fast. But they get back on their wide boards the next day.....

The solution to not breaking stuff in the east this year is NO SNOW...... Last year I skied FreeRIDES on 4FRNTs all year, including doing all my BC and flatland trips to the bar with them. They are way center mounted, twin tipped and just are an awesome combination of ski, binding, mounting.