Talk me Down... or Not!

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
greatgt

Re: Talk me Down... or Not!

Post by greatgt » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:42 am

With you FE.....love canoes....used to teach it at a Connecticut Summer camp....West Hill Aquatic Camp.... Water safety instructor too....fun days...Then a rugged older man took the job of canoe instructor while I and many others taught swimmers.....The new canoe man's name was JESSE JAMES.....I was an instructor as was he but I became a student....There are times in your life when you know when to just watch and listen....Man!...TM

lilcliffy
Ski style: backcountry Nordic ski touring
Favorite Skis: Asnes Ingstad, Combat Nato, Amundsen, Rabb 68; Altai Kom
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska BC; Lundhags Expedition; Alfa Skaget XP; Scarpa T4
Instructor at Maritime College of Forest Technology
Husband, father, farmer and logger

Post by lilcliffy » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:32 pm

I love that photo of you with that salmonoid Bob.
Cross-country AND down-hill skiing in the backcountry.
Unashamed to be a "cross-country type" and love skiing down-hill.

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Post by Johnny » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:00 pm

First warning @fisheater for overuse of the word "Johnny"...! :lol:

Just kidding... You will LOVE the 75's...! Unless you get the older ones with the orange laces or you do something stupid, they will last forever... Just take good care of them, install smiley plates if you plan heavy DH use and keep focusing on crushing that ball of foot... Sell those stinky cables, and buy a book on how to telemark with the money instead... :D
Woodserson wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:40 pm
The pin line thing is from people telemark turning on tippy-toe and not keeping the Ball-of-Foot engaged.
Exactly what I meant... Just like someone overloading 5000$ hi-fi speakers with a cheap Radio Shack amp, and then complaining to the hi-fi manufacturer and asking for his money back.

Enjoy the boots! At 84$ a pair, stock them while you can!
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Post by fisheater » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:23 pm

My new Alaska 75 mm boots have arrived. They fit me wonderfully. The sole is more sturdy than I had thought, based on a video posted by an engineer and former contributor (whom I wish all the best. I also encourage him to post again, when he is ready.)
I see this as the primary boot to be used with my FT, except perhaps in piste.
Thanks for not talking me down!
Although I shouldn’t mention Johnny by name. If I bust these, I think it’s on me! Although, I have torqued the sole of my Ski March boot in mank. In mank/crud all bets are off!

The fish is a steelhead, or a lake run rainbow trout. It was delicious! The Great Lakes are a treasure everyone should behold! They are freshwater inland seas. Biologically they are greatly effected by oceanic shipping, and the opening of the upper lakes above Niagara to the ocean via locks. They do not have the variety of fish I have seen in my limited time on the ocean, but they are truly magnificent for what they are. I make the drive from an hour to 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 to Lake Superior as often as I can get away.
If you ever travel close enough, come visit one of these treasures. There are not many comparables on our beautiful planet!