E99 vs. Outback 68 vs. Sporten Ranger

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Re: E99 vs. Outback 68 vs. Sporten Ranger

Post by fisheater » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:51 am

No wax last two years. It really doesn’t last two weeks. Not trying to be negative, I’m just telling it like it is.

Ski nut

E99 Easy Skin xtralite- a wax ski

Post by Ski nut » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:52 am

E99 Easy Skin xtralite is a wax model.

Someone recommended the E99 Easy Skin xtralite, but I had previously said I shop for for wax-less ski. $135.CAD.

I am not keen on waxing anything but my car and I never do that.

I do lots of things, swim, bike, skate, ski, hike, work, renovate, travel and study.
If I have time to ski, great. I seldom have time to ski enough, I have not time to wax any ski except downhill skis and I get the proshop at the ski hill to do it about once in 3 years for $40. CAD.

Rodbelan
Ski style: Very stylish
Favorite Skis: Splitkein
Favorite boots: Alpina Blaze and my beloved Alpina Sports Jr

Post by Rodbelan » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:02 pm

The E99 (waxable version) is not what you are looking for... You can't wax it and then off you go for 2 years... You need to kick wax the thing every time you go out, since you also do not want to use the skins... Not sure I truly understand your concern. But anyway, get the waxless version; you can certainly be lazy about the waxing thing... The only problem you'll get is sticky scales in warm weather. Or the base will eventually dry out—but ptex is very very stable...
BTW kick waxing a ski takes about—I don't know—4-5minutes to do and boy... much better than scales (with some exceptions of course).
É y fa ty fret? On é ty ben dun ti cotton waté?
célèbre et ancien chant celtique

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:18 pm

Waxable is SOOOOOOOOOO much better.....Take a swix, remove cap......smear on where camber is supposed to be.....pin in and go....Bout a minute even for old farts....And waxable is SOOOOOOOO much better....TM