Interested in practical knowledge on flex and fit and, surprisingly, the inter-webs are devoid of Explorer reviews. Without fondling the latter my educated guess is the Explorer was same foot last as the ever-popular Alaska 75 but in a synthetic format, likely resulting in different flex and a bit more K&G performance, but probably akin to the difference between synthetic vs mohair skins...
If you have actual experience with the Explorer 75 I'd appreciate your two cents.
- XCD Pinhead
- Posts: 363
- Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:53 am
- Ski style: Very stylish
- Favorite Skis: All of them; old, new...
- Favorite boots: T2X & T4 for off piste; BD Axis for groomers; Merrell for XCD
Ok, the boot isn't that bad... They feel like a slipper to me (I do have a pair, I'm not talking BS). But they are fragile and NOT supportive. I use them for cross country skiing... The inner lining is falling appart...
- XCD KNIGHT
- Posts: 1159
- Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:31 am
- Location: Rimouski, Québec
- Ski style: Nordic backcountry touring with lots of turns
- Favorite Skis: Fisher E99, Åsnes Ingstad & Cecilie, K2 Wayback 88
- Favorite boots: Crispi Sydpolen, Alico Teletour & Alfa Polar
- Website: http://living-laponia.tumblr.com
A does not = E.
What Rod here is trying to say is you'd be better off with some real leathers.