MEC Waxing Seminar

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Inspiredcapers
Ski style: Erratic
Favorite Skis: Gammes currently at the top of the list
Favorite boots: Transnordics in NNN-BC & 75mm

MEC Waxing Seminar

Post by Inspiredcapers » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:57 am

I sat in on a free waxing seminar at MEC last week. It’s something I need to start doing myself so I thought it would be cool to observe technique and be able to ask a few questions. Since there was just a couple of us the guy (technician and former racer) made time to show us Ptex repairs and some edge tuning tips too. He indicated whats needed (and not needed) to put together a decent home waxing kit for our part of the country as well. I further appreciated his emphasis on really getting to know your skis during waxing- making sure everything is in good shape and functioning as it should be... Zen and The Art of Ski Waxing [emoji1] He’s an advocate of yearly base tunes in the shop but seasonal maintenance at home.

Watching (and doing some hands on) this seminar was educational- this, a couple of YouTube videos I’ve seen, and lilcliffys excellent write ups on waxing should prove beneficial.

I’ve got an aged pair of funky looking Fischer Revolution RadArcs I want to bring back to life (180cm asymmetricals/ yup, left and right with a 117-80-110mm sidecut). Part of that revival includes some base work so lots of practice here. I’ve got NO idea how skiable these things are, it’s more of a fun/retro thing for me.
Last edited by Inspiredcapers on Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skiing…falling downhill…pretty much the same thing for this klutz.