It's paradise I tell you

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Re: It's paradise I tell you

Post by lowangle al » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:44 am

IMG_0264.JPG
Another day in paradise yesterday, I skinned up 900' and then did 4 laps of about 300' each. It was T shirt weather, the snow wasn't quite corn but skied like it. It was great skiing all over with a supportable but soft base with a soft surface on all aspects at all elevations.

lowangle al
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:22 am

IMG_0266.JPG
Even after I rotate the photo it's still sideways. What going on?

lowangle al

Post by lowangle al » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:05 am

I just got back from vacationing in Hawaii and had a great time. There was 2 feet of snow in my driveway to greet me that was crusted up and hard to shovel. I finally got my truck dug out yesterday so i could get out to enjoy the 5 inches of dry powder that fell on Monday.

After a ten minute drive and a 15 minute ski I was on one of my favorite meadows. It was a bluebird day with calm wind, surface conditions were as good as they have ever been in that meadow and I had my new Hyper Vectors out for the third time. The meadow averages about 20 degrees and has a little over 100 feet of vert. and is very easy to climb.

The combination of comfortable temps, easy climbing, great snow, blue sky, fantastic ski, boot and binding combo, it may have been my best day ever. I felt such joy that I actually thought that I possibly was having more fun than anyone else in the world. It is a good feeling to think that at a point in time you may be the happiest person on earth. Hawaii may be known as paradise, but it exists elsewhere, and I was definitely there yesterday.

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Post by fisheater » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:01 pm

Sounds sweet Al, but springtime road weight restrictions are off. Trucks are running full loads. Of course I need a bulldozer to get them where they need to dump... and you're skiing in Alaska?
I wish I was a smart as you. That's awesome! Trout opener here Saturday, fish on!