Finally got out for my first time

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
AKjohn

Finally got out for my first time

Post by AKjohn » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:14 pm

So last year I joined and had picked up a set of Madshus epoch's with voile 3 pin cable bindings. Later in the season I picked up a pair of Fischer sbound 98's with the same bindings and finally found a pair of boots to use, Rossi bcx11's. Well today I finally got out and put them to use. Snow has finally stuck around Southcentral Alaska. The high school accross from my house has a 1 mile XC track so I shot over and did the loop. The start of the trail had a lot of foot traffic so not ideal but I got going. There was a great view of Pioneer peak along the way and a snowshoe hare ran parallel to the trail in the opposite direction at one point. There was some uphill and some down hill. I did alright up until the last section of uphill. The snow had me sinking to the top of my boots. It'll get sometime to get into the ski mindset. I felt like I was almost snowshoeing with glide if that makes sense. I skied the epoch's I figure next I will take the sbound's out. Since they are similar sizes amd styles of skiis I will probably keep the one that works best for me and sell the other set to get something for more downhill.ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Re: Finally got out for my first time

Post by Johnny » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:53 pm

Niiiiiice...!
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."