Sbounds...leathers

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Re: Sbounds...leathers

Post by lowangle al » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:56 am

gulfofslides wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:56 pm
greatgt wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:14 am
..When done....I always am amazed when looking back at the mono marks.....Which is frowned on by modern Alpine telemarkers. The meaning of that is you have a tight stance not the (parallel wide spaced legs) of todays telemarkers...(again where do they learn this parallel type stuff?)....Easy, at Alpine areas and PSIA instructors...TM
Monomark is the way to go, well said. Almost forgot the feeling, thanks for reminding me
Well after watching NATOs "The Telemark Movie" which was filmed in the mid 80s it struck me that it is where I might have learned to ski with an open stance. It was obvious in the film that the open stance has been around a long time. I never took a PSIA lesson or spent much time at a resort.

A monomark I believe is making turns in the tele position without changing the lead ski, not leaving a single track in the snow.

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:19 am

Monomark means one track to me....And the best are the narrowest...yesterday many were made and the skinniest were the e99's and the 109's right in there.....Next the Rossi BC90's and finally the Rossie or Fischer 110?????.....Finally a new acquaintance doing parallel....Bout 14 inches of powder and quite fast....Still needed some steepness to really fly....but....there are some thingers in the snow that try to mess you up.....Porterhouse steak....onions and bacon....Took a bit to warm things up.....Ice cold beer.....Ski out was fun and finally we are in winter....TM

lowangle al
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:02 am

In a perfect world the snow would be deep enough so everybody would leave only one mark.

I may not agree with your gear choice but you do know how to eat out there.

freeheelwilly

Post by freeheelwilly » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:40 pm

greatgt wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:19 am
Monomark means one track to me....And the best are the narrowest...yesterday many were made and the skinniest were the e99's and the 109's right in there.....Next the Rossi BC90's and finally the Rossie or Fischer 110?????.....Finally a new acquaintance doing parallel....Bout 14 inches of powder and quite fast....Still needed some steepness to really fly....but....there are some thingers in the snow that try to mess you up.....Porterhouse steak....onions and bacon....Took a bit to warm things up.....Ice cold beer.....Ski out was fun and finally we are in winter....TM
So, you went skiing?

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:16 pm

And FHW your welcome to have a steak, ski, beer....Whole lot of fun....few years back the best burghers in the world was had up there....The Moose was shot right near camp....best I've ever had.....Unfortunately Moose are getting rare....If we see them we back off as we don't want to stress them....This year is the first time in years where it seems they are in comeback mode.....TM

freeheelwilly

Post by freeheelwilly » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:15 pm

greatgt wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:16 pm
And FHW your welcome to have a steak, ski, beer....Whole lot of fun....few years back the best burghers in the world was had up there....The Moose was shot right near camp....best I've ever had.....Unfortunately Moose are getting rare....If we see them we back off as we don't want to stress them....This year is the first time in years where it seems they are in comeback mode.....TM
Thanks but I'm good.

lowangle al

Post by lowangle al » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:35 pm

I don't get it, FHW makes a couple of post and gets an invite for dinner. I compliment you on your fine dinning and get nothin. ;)

vt_trees

Post by vt_trees » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:44 pm

Did someone say "burghers"?

freeheelwilly

Post by freeheelwilly » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:19 pm

Why does my avatar have a bag over its head? And why am I called a "XCD Enthusiast"? I am not. In fact, I think that term is of recent vintage. We just called them "flailing beaters" back in the day.

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:22 am

Wondered if Burghers was living in a small Medieval village!!!!.....Al any time your in this area there will probably be some area that is good...We all like meeting people who appreciate being out in Nature...Looking good out there so might take a long one and see if Little Mountain has the goods...Or not! TM