Sbounds...leathers

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
greatgt

Re: Sbounds...leathers

Post by greatgt » Mon May 29, 2023 8:32 am

just a thank you for all who gave their lives so we can continue to be free. They paid the price so we can be free. Thank you! TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:09 pm

Seems like if one wanted quick responding skis wax comes to mind. Waxed skis seem to have more acceleration, speed, which makes for easier turning. Far as cruising wax is about as good as it can get. My two cents. TM

Manney
needs to take stock of his life

Post by Manney » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:52 pm

greatgt wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:09 pm
Seems like if one wanted quick responding skis wax comes to mind. Waxed skis seem to have more acceleration, speed, which makes for easier turning. Far as cruising wax is about as good as it can get. My two cents. TM
Yep… Appropriate temperature wax… ironed in, brushed and buffed means the base is water and dirt repellant. Debur the edges, set and polish the side, base angles… de tune the tips and tails. Massive difference in speed, consistency, handling for anyone who pushes skis, terrain, conditions.

Always lots of ski talk about boots, flexors, even skis. Remarkably little talk about maintenance and prep. It’s the other way around in competition, where performance matters.
Go Ski

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:29 am

Heh! only competition is not hitting trees that will laugh in their shimmering beauty. I'm pretty lame with wax. Like this. Cold today, look at the temp, green wax it is. Slap some on and away I go. Could last several days and as the temp changes might slap on some blue under foot. Just want to cruise in the flats and have grip on the up. Double camber allows the wax to become a non-issue on the down. Will use "bones" on wet days but wax is where it's at for me. TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:33 am

Hey Rock, just got kicked off Ron's site AGAIN! Badge of Honor riling him and his crew of haters. What a laugh; Have to meet up this winter and hit some of the old runs. little Mountain is getting better each year and Telekid is in charge up there. He hits it before dawn and gets a thousand plus before work. Telekid has a lot of all of us in him. Great skier and taking him on all the trips out West paid off. He is so smooth and relaxed out there. Hope you can ski with us this year and hope we can hit your camp and burn all your wood again. TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:21 am

Dreaming snow, again and again. Will carry some bush clippers and eliminate potential eye scratchers. All of us are getting wood and splitting it for winter. Busy time and going down into the cellar, look at the bunch of skis leaning against the wall. Might even wax a few on a rainy day. Miracles do happen. TM

Musk Ox
Ski style: Bad
Favorite Skis: I am a circumpolar mammal
Favorite boots: Hooves

Post by Musk Ox » Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:59 am

greatgt wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:21 am
Might even wax a few on a rainy day. Miracles do happen. TM
I've just done this.

mongol8
Ski style: Imperfect but improving
Favorite Skis: Karhu 10th

Post by mongol8 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:12 am

Banana peels!

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:07 pm

Think about a week ago, last of August, Mt. Washington had snow? End of last year or the beginning of this? Hope this heat wave moves along, need to get the wood stacked and another cord split. But not in this heat! TM

Manney

Post by Manney » Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:12 pm

The heat broke here yesterday. More normal today… mid 60s. So a cooler pattern should be coming your way by the weekend…?
Go Ski