Sbounds...leathers

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
STG

Re: Sbounds...leathers

Post by STG » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:40 am

You are right! Kind of silly and hypocritical to worry about ski wax when there are worse sources of pollution etc. I think this has been on my mind because I ski in YNP along the Gallatin river and its tributaries. Such a pristine area makes me more concerned about river/ground water pollution.

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:47 am

This is the best nature show on the planet....Foliage is good every year but right now it's the best this old guy has ever seen.....Probably the drought but so far beyond the norm as to set a new standard....Gawd!...TM

Telerock
Ski style: Leather and wool-three pin
Favorite Skis: S-bounds; E-99s, razors
Favorite boots: Asolo extreme

Post by Telerock » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:11 pm

No doubt the best color in years...Senn a few flakes of snow already here in Floodwood. Will be by Vt last weekend in Oct. camp rehabilitation time?

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:22 am

Mostly "thinking" about it...Telewheels has gone up there and has ideas to expand it some....Have to redo the cable because we have burned the Beach....Hope to be able to get some windows" on a new west side...Also have to put some blocks around the Yellow birch...Was it you Rock who ran up the ladder last time....What a riot....five guys holding a ladder in the air as you scramble up someone's back and then head up while we all strained....Can we still do this stuff?????? Will be funny....Harvest was good....real good....Lightly waxed those Merrill doubles from Phill...At the house and guest room ready...How is the house going over there?...Get a little info from Da King...TM

Telerock

Post by Telerock » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:43 am

New cabin has walls, windows, door and roof. No woodstove in there yet. Still staying in oldcamp. Should have solar power and propane backup generator done this week. Have plenty of firewood this year, had to cut a dozen old maples to build cabin. Bringing my own boots with me this winter. Yes I recall climbing highto tie off the roof; also shooting down that huge dead branch with the 12-guage.

Telerock

Post by Telerock » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:08 am

First snow!
8EE7A7AD-6AE9-4EEA-A130-F54D5CAA4D92.jpeg

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:35 am

Sheeeet Rock we have twice as much as you!.....Will do a straight slide soon and looks like Sunday could be a lichen and moss ski...TM

Telerock

Post by Telerock » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:45 pm

Vis-a-vis Sat. Oct. 27; afternoon could work for me... the next day, Sunday, I have to go to DC for a week.

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:07 am

Fingers crossed for snow!!!!! Cut my first turn two days ago Rock.....Left some Jeep tire tracks up behind Bootses place....Had seen the possibility of skiing the crushed grass beautifully rounded tire tracks....and did....and it was good....Half an inch of snow...on thin layer of ice made for ONE great feeling arc....Psyched!!!! TM

Telerock

Post by Telerock » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:48 am

T-man: I had a change in plans...Solar guys still haven’t finished power hook up for my off-grid cabin. So I will not be in Vt this weekend.