Sbounds...leathers

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
greatgt

Re: Sbounds...leathers

Post by greatgt » Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:54 am

6-7 inches of fast powder on hard packed surface makes for some decent turns....One pole for the uphill makes one put on the right wax!.....Teleking set a great track up through the woods and this oldie likes it a bunch...He sure knows how to set a wax track....Yesterday was windy and damp making 14o seem colder.....But the powder brought many smiles....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:59 am

At the top winds were blowing and the 12o seemed colder.....Trees were popping and swaying making one think better get out of here....Headed them down and in an instant knew this was something special....@12 inches of heavy fast powder and the skis, older model of 109's waxed with light green were fast......On this Knob there are short moderate drops and runouts at the end of them all.....Soooo, elongate, ride the rail...arc come to a stop....Hit the next drop and repeat....At some point scored the TWO best turns in years.....Big Hardwood openings......moderately steep.....skis accelerated instantly....and then FLOAT while slicing.....unreal....skis on Auto pilot.....round they came into another uncontrolled rounded arc.....I didn't do a damn thing.....The FEEL.....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:44 am

Repeat with blue sky and a foot of fast powder....Green wax has been the wax of choice this year and didn't disappoint yesterday.....Seemed warmer but @ 12 degrees about the same as the day before....Enjoy seeing some of the giants Loggers left behind from their first cut up there....Yellow Birches with at least an 8 foot diameter....Coyotes like our tracks as they seem to use them a lot....Teleking is out and about up there with a 2 mile cruise BEFORE hitting the down....Telekid and he are heading up little Mountain for a thousand today....Should be Dynomite....TM

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Post by fisheater » Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:34 am

Sounds like fun, glad you still have good snow. Take care of yourself out there, we don’t want you changing your name to Captain Hook! ;)

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:05 am

When on this site have thought you would love this kind of skiing....Glaciers did what they do out there as they did here.
Telekid, Telewood and Teleking scored 3000 verts yesterday on Little Mountain....Three different sections of powder engorged runs....Me, I got some different runs at a different area with the same wonderful powder...TM

Telerock
Ski style: Leather and wool-three pin
Favorite Skis: S-bounds; E-99s, razors
Favorite boots: Asolo extreme

Post by Telerock » Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:01 pm

Somcrab tol n 0h bithday to get all you can, while you can.
Thanks TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:56 am

Will head out this morning to see what rain did to the snow....See a half inch of powder so there will be grip....decisions....Breakable crust or Boiler?.......Man the Coyotes could have a blast....Most of the tracks are alike in size Rock.....But there is one much bigger track mixed in with them......TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:50 am

There was Teleking just finishing his time up on the High hills....Parked and he told me that you could break in deep but mostly two inches of breakable crust....Bummer! Skied along the bottom of a ridge....Where the winds howl @ 8 inches of base TK said...Down where I was, where snow gets blown in about two feet....Turned around and got out of there.....Fingers crossed for some decent powder this weekend....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:39 am

Best snow of the year....Total float on a cloud.....just ride with no known input.....Air float.....ride into oblivion....Here today gone tomorrow but what if it's still there? TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:53 am

Twant!...heh....hard blown powder....crust here and there......some decent powder on the Northeast sides....used the newer 109's and the lesson is that the older model is BETTER than the newer rockered twitchy ski....Oh well!...Any older model 109's out there?...TM