Sbounds...leathers

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
greatgt

Re: Sbounds...leathers

Post by greatgt » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:36 am

So strange....The area we ski...as it was written....by an engineer who started his engineering days up there...Wrote something about this place is the harshest environment in Vermont except for the tips of the Green Mountains...Could be.....But we have had continuous skiing from November to now and there is a lot of snow up there....Boys want to clean up camp....but....a long cruise could be a blast...South side (WP) is pretty well gone and the West is going but the North and East are seriously good....And where the forest up there faces South there are zillions of trees keeping things cold....Teleking and I skiing....11ooo acres of State owned land and two people enjoying it....That is Boss!!!!! TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:06 am

27 inches at the stake out in nowhere....Telecamp was cleaned up....Good food and later in the day corn was wonderful....Lots of turns and some of the spraying variety....Figure another week out there and then looking for Stowe....Starting to get pissed at "Government" for all the "instructions" that have no bearing out here in the woods....TM

connyro
needs to take stock of his life

Post by connyro » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:01 am

greatgt wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:06 am
....Starting to get pissed at "Government" for all the "instructions" that have no bearing out here in the woods....TM
Yeah, because it's all about you right? Do you want special "instructions" that ignore medical professionals and that are just for you? Leave your ignorant politics out of this forum.

Telerock
Ski style: Leather and wool-three pin
Favorite Skis: S-bounds; E-99s, razors
Favorite boots: Asolo extreme

Post by Telerock » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:58 pm

Social distancing = skiing far enough behind the other guy so his whips dont hit your face.

Telerock
Ski style: Leather and wool-three pin
Favorite Skis: S-bounds; E-99s, razors
Favorite boots: Asolo extreme

Post by Telerock » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:59 pm

CONYRRO; you are the one posting political hacks!

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:32 am

Bummer, thought crybaby had matured....silly thought...."All men are created equal" and have the right to "life liberty and the pursuit of happiness".....(that being Telemark).....Congress shall make no law abridging freedom of.....As a MAN and a CITIZEN of this most awesome country....I have fundamental rights some of which crybaby doesn't respect....My religion is the Bill of Rights....The declaration of Independence.....So crybaby shut the f up and leave my religion out of it....Back to Telemark....Gonna cruise up into the Highlands again and have a blast....Will have a wild ride on the partially broken e 109's...Bummer some piece is missing where you put the skins on...Meh.....might be looking for a new set of skis....BC skis......Slicers with excellent turnability as I'm so fricking old.....Then will continue on my quest for the BEST arc of all time....Which asnes ski????....TM

connyro

Post by connyro » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:44 am

greatgt wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:32 am
Bummer, thought crybaby had matured....silly thought...."All men are created equal" and have the right to "life liberty and the pursuit of happiness".....(that being Telemark).....Congress shall make no law abridging freedom of.....As a MAN and a CITIZEN of this most awesome country....I have fundamental rights some of which crybaby doesn't respect....My religion is the Bill of Rights....The declaration of Independence.....So crybaby shut the f up and leave my religion out of it....Back to Telemark....Gonna cruise up into the Highlands again and have a blast....Will have a wild ride on the partially broken e 109's...Bummer some piece is missing where you put the skins on...Meh.....might be looking for a new set of skis....BC skis......Slicers with excellent turnability as I'm so fricking old.....Then will continue on my quest for the BEST arc of all time....Which asnes ski????....TM
Wow TM. Love the name calling. Also love your tired MAGA shouting points. If your "freedom" is more important to you than helping your fellow citizens keep from getting a deadly disease than you are even more ignorant and selfish than I imagined. Science is apolitical.

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:37 am

18o snowing, high winds....Yesterday hit the Highlands and it was good....On the logging road in there were a couple of places that faced South and there I skied through leaves mud and running water but for the most part serious snow...As I departed the logging road cruised ridges that twenty years ago housed a giant Old Growth Forest and my mind wandered back to when we used to have the thousands of acres to ourselves....Telewheels knew of this place and we explored it for years and started to head down the 1300 verts of hardwoods to a large shallow Pond below...Probably the greatest ski area this old boy has ever had the luck to ski....Still in the 20 or so years since the cutting some areas have regenerated and in other areas they did a decent job cutting the "Best" and left others.....So gliding through this forest there are Giant trees with zillions of others in all stages of growth....To the West the trees were dancing and the winds raging but just under the ridge there was hardly any wind of any kind.....Corn everywhere mostly cruising the flatter contours of the forest....Miles in started back as the sky was turning grey and winds were seriously picking up...Nothing moving out there and Turn Around Point got me a bit discombobulated....There is something there...Heading out was a fun run, easy skiing and could hear the bones going into high range as they zipped along....Simply I am a lucky man to be able to cruise the gonz and breath all the good of the forest....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:44 am

Two inches of powder...teleking and I hit up in the Highlands...but.....on the lee side there was more....sometimes 4 to five inches and powder flew....So did we.....Still lots of base and that powder was sweet....Little whips have become powerful....the lower we hit them the more resistance they have.....Skis came around well and only did one air borne crash....small ledge with a hidden log on top launched me....man some areas have such a smooth look...You have to beat the debris and then bliss....TM

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Post by fisheater » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:02 pm

In my parts, the snowpack just isn’t deep enough. Hooking debris that’s anchored deeper is never fun. Rockered skis help for that.

I’ll be out on my favorite little river tomorrow fishing for walleye. It will be strange. It is opening day for walleye and trout. We usually celebrate the trout opener at my friends cabin. He has a little creek behind the cabin, and three first class trout rivers just down the road. Trout, eggs, and fried potatoes are a Sunday morning tradition. However, he is at high risk for Covid, so he is at the cabin in quarantine. I am running a site in Detroit, so I’m the last guy that should be around him.

Hopefully the walleye will cooperate. It’s great hearing that there’s still skiable snow. We have been thawed for quite some time, but it’s not warm. I wore long johns every day this week