Sbounds...leathers

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
greatgt

Re: Sbounds...leathers

Post by greatgt » Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:50 am

Taps and buckets ready....thanks Rastatele and Telesven....`leaning sugar house is ready.....to boil or collapse....not sure which.....14o with howling winds no sap today!.....things go well with cold nights and warm days....will see....Ski early then fire up the rig for the next few weeks....It's all good....TM

Telerock
Ski style: Leather and wool-three pin
Favorite Skis: S-bounds; E-99s, razors
Favorite boots: Asolo extreme

Post by Telerock » Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:35 pm

Don’t give up hope! Just found a photo from 2014; 21 inches of snow on March 12th. (Knap) sack deep powder! Also, dont forget the two years with two foot snow dumps in April.

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:57 am

Rock we are hoping the snow is hard pack today...If it's collapsible not so good....If the former then a shot to Pitcher plant pond is possible...TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:21 am

Cold and 3-4 inches of silk powder and at the top of Three Pond Knob winds were howling....Snow was blowing and meandering....Snow at the stake was 3 feet....5 inches....the two day wind and warm winds hadn't done a thing....Got the fireplace going and the wood stove hot....While we were doing that Telekid said to try out his NEW e99's with rocker...On the 109's i don't like it much except for the down....Slapped on the helmet and headed out and placed my wicked comfortable leathers onto the three pins of the Super telemark binding....Ready....headed up and the skis felt like slippers...They became part of my body....In no time was at the top and headed for the North side and played with the best powder of the season....Skis came around easily and were really fast....Great feeling...headed back and was tempted to head down to Pitcher Plant Pond. At the top Telewood yelled....Telekid wants his skis back....Riiiight!!....Did some turns on the South facing side and it was wonderful....Skied over toward the great Burl Junction but couldn't wait to hit the low angle high speed open long glade....Rounded high speed arcs snow boiling.....the 99's were unbelievable.... great....Made this oldie grin and laugh....Hear Telekid all sorts of mad yelling to get his skis back....Ambled over and he took off for parts unknown.....He makes those skis sing....TeleKing had borrowed my skis and did he make those 109's rock....Wicked.....Then Telewood got on them and for the first time since he broke his back ripped new lines down through the trees.....Little skinnies....fire....great burgers....howling winds horizontal snow and the world was good....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:51 am

Snow was great yesterday, again...Headed up to a knob with lots of openings and short sharp drops...Runouts were superb....Pick up speed then just ride in long arcs....Stop head back up and repeat....lots.....Blue sky....Sun....wonderful 4 inches of powder on hard pack....Rounded snow covered forest....Quiet with a raven or two cawing now and then....Coyote tracks here and there....Wonderful environment in the middle of a great hardwood forest with shadows everywhere....Gonna hit it quick before the sun warms everything up....Still over 40 inches out there and it's waiting for a show and i plan on helping that forest get it....TM

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Post by fisheater » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:45 am

Teleman, are you going to pick up a set of those new E-99’s with rocker? You can’t let those young guys have advantages like that!

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:30 am

Shortest e99 I have had is the 205 that i can't break...Been trying!....Thinking when the wife isn't looking will definitely get a set....Man did those skis motor....Damn kids gotta show now and then who da man is....Teleman that is....Don't tell anybody FE but those boys can really rip and they were a lot of fun to watch....TM

connyro
needs to take stock of his life
needs to take stock of his life

Post by connyro » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:57 am

greatgt wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:30 am
Shortest e99 I have had is the 205 that i can't break...Been trying!....TM
Why would you try to break skis? You've often bragged about breaking skis in past posts and I honestly wonder why.

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:48 pm

Two days ago was riding through 4 inches of wicked fast powder....Short drops then run out playing with the rounded contours...Down...arcs....In a no worry zone my right ski broke the frozen surface below the powder and in an explosion of powder and ice ended up with a large Yellow Birch two inches of my face....Telekid on the same day on another mountain skied out to a snow-machine trail to end the down when a branch below the surface slipped unseen and brought him down...Adjustable pole, now a jagged demolished pole was within two inches of rearranging his face and neck....Better to break the ski than your head....Also it makes me feel "better" if I destroy one ski then get another....Mostly though was riding that ski up in the High Hills....Those suckers were so easy to turn and were wicked easy on the up...get a set, they are wonderful.....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:58 am

Warm yesterday with light rain...Today 8o and figure the snow set up into hard-pack....Will have to check that out soon....Fired up the evaporator and had a blast making syrup last night...First boil was 4 gallons of A medium Amber...Figure the next boil will take it up to fancy as the first boil had sap in the buckets fro a couple of days....Syrup and skiing....Oh yeah! TM