Sbounds...leathers

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
greatgt

Re: Sbounds...leathers

Post by greatgt » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:23 am

The nine inches of snow meant less base removable and easier sliding....Snow was good on top but the e99's dipped down and in....There, the snow was very heavy and tended to slow me down....(('s need speed to turn well and I was a bit or very conservative....Still some rounded turns through Hardwoods with a smidgeon of whips and downed debris....All in all for a year without snow not a bad ride...TM

connyro
needs to take stock of his life
needs to take stock of his life

Post by connyro » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:41 am

greatgt wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:23 am
The nine inches of snow meant less base removable and easier sliding....Snow was good on top but the e99's dipped down and in....There, the snow was very heavy and tended to slow me down....(('s need speed to turn well and I was a bit or very conservative....Still some rounded turns through Hardwoods with a smidgeon of whips and downed debris....All in all for a year without snow not a bad ride...TM
bigstock-Hammering-A-Screw-2723057-225x300.jpg.jpg

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:21 am

In low amounts of snow there is a place in the Highlands that get more snow than most places around here to there I go!....yesterday at 19o the 109's really went....fast!....using green wax the trip in was very easy and almost no resistance....The down was very fast and some nice arcs were had.....Time to repeat and go to Grey Land where the most wonderful greys seem to dwell this year.....just so different....grey rhyme ice....grey tinted snow on the rhyme....grey sky.....grey but fast skiing....thanks 109's....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:10 am

Left the logging road about twenty minutes in....Everything changed fast....Pretty cold out there with tons of grey Rhyme...sky grey....everything was grey but on the return it was Blue with Sun....hasn't been seen around here in a while....Skiing up there brings back images of past skiing up there...30 or so years back it was a giant "OLD GROWTH"...zone and it also had a drop to Flagg Pond of 1200 verts....Our trip yesterday was about cruising and we sure did that....At one point some rhyme dust hit my uncovered head and it felt wonderful....Hit some Gullies that could have brought us down about 4 miles from where we wanted...Possible future ski....Constantly moving ridge after ridge was re explored.....Some left over great gigantic Hardwoods left by the loggers gives testament to what was......Used the new GPS or Watch that has all kinds of possibilities but need more work to get it working the way we want....Mostly we are waiting for more snow to do serious turns....Right now Nature is forcing us to reconnect with.....Nature....Fun ski! Teleman

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:46 am

Pretty much got Telecamp up in the Highlands finished....Now we need to drag in a bunch of standing dead trees for firewood...Both the stove and fireplace raging, Telewood heated up his pulled pork and fired it up....Great!...Snowshoe Donny, Telekid, Teleking, and Telewood did almost everything while I gave advise...snicker got called out on that too....man the plexi glass windows let in tons of light....and the tarp made for a warm camp...get some standing dead wood and TK1 is totally ready...Now for a bit of snow added to the 9 inches we have and off we go!!!!! TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:19 am

Bummer!...Telekid has been saying the skiing, while sketchy, has been real good up on Little Mountain....IT IS!!!! Even though TELEKID had most of the beautiful openings I was able to get some of the fringes left by him...AND....showed HIM some beautiful ARCS....only chance of better looking arcs is if he goes up there on his new and very fast e99's.....Tomorrow if it hasn't gotten to warm will hit some short but beautiful wide open places down South and West of Wind gap....hard to believe 7 inches of snow can be such fun....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:28 pm

headed up into the Highlands and the snow was very fast....Up in the Highlands there is anywhere from a constant 8 inches at the 2400 foot level to 14 inches close to 2600 feet...That made for some sweet low angle arcs....man the few GIANT hardwoods still there is something to look at....At one point could go down in any direction.....But after @ 3-4 miles in it was time to head back....Those e109's on the down were really fast and in most places a fun laid back arc was had....The logging road that gets us up there was very fast for a low angle road....Going to see some changes soon...Did I dream or hear.....4-8...5-10???? probably dreaming...TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:31 pm

Sunday hit Little Mountain and worked on TK2....telecamp 2......With the stove going up there everybody was toasty....Snow was tough....Bout 6-8 inches new but very gripping and slow...Boys who had two snowboards strapped on did good...Skinny was tough....(Rossi 110).....E109's and Rossie BC 90.....had to get rid of wax to speed them up.....Still big rode way better in that stuff....Then one un-named tele had to dig his way out....Then they drank all my beer.....Not long after my wife wasn't impressed....So to make up for that....broke a bit up in the Highlands and the depth up there was 18-24 inches even with consolidation.....Best yet but on the steep area lots of brushes with horizontals....Will try to finish tomorrow....Thinking 215 99's....haven't done that in a while....TM

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Post by fisheater » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:24 pm

Hey Teleman, 215 E-99’s and steep??? Maybe there might be a reason you haven’t done that in a while?
Be careful out there.

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:53 pm

Waaaay back were skiing with one of the original Backcountry mag. people...A good guy!...late season with closed Stowe ski area....Hayride?????.....So that was the last time on the 215t's....Telewheels who always has the latest and greatest decided to try them after some raving by......uh....he headed up and around a corner or two....No way is he going to ski a 215 e 99....Not reality....Then I hear......hisssssssss....nothing.......shhhheeesssshhhh Telewheels appears and drops his weight and the skis follow the contours He is booking....my jaw is dropping.....my eyes deceive me......ARC"S.....The others gape in disbelief....Telewheels does a few turns to slow down and walks up to us.....Best ski on the Mountain!!!!!! Anyway put those skis on and headed up....Green wax worked well....the ride down was head them down and wait for the skis to come around,,,and they did....then to a stop....Fish they are going to see more of me...just need more room to let them run...TM