Sbounds...leathers

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
paulk

Re: Sbounds...leathers

Post by paulk » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:24 pm

Will ski my Sbounds and leathers first snow in recognition of this thread.

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:06 am

14o and the youngest Grandchild is coming over soon...Will say hello and then put on some leathers and ride one of several Fischer skis on the one inch of powder...Sbounds and leathers make the whole Telemark thing more thrilling....Paulk have a blast....!!!!!!!!

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:33 am

Sooo slapped the skis down into the 1-2 inches of powder on grass...Snow on the pins but clicked them in...Was a bit unstable but got it together for a "backyard fun run...Got back and wondered.....looked down and...yes ...I had the skis on the wrong foot...DUH.......TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:22 am

half to three quarters of an inch....Guess I better get ready before it melts....21o and snowing...hunting season reduces possibilities.....haven't seen to many hunters up in the Highlands so might check that out...or not....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:36 am

Hope everybody has a good Thanksgiving....With the vaccines coming we all will be able to give out thanks....And a moment to recognize all our American families that have lost a loved one....TM

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Post by fisheater » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:10 am

Happy Thanksgiving!

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:20 am

Hike today!...Conditioning.....Weatherman says little or no snow around here today and tomorrow....but....with the storm out in the Atlantic and NH and maine getting blasted....heh....thinking the highlands will get some...And don't need much to get some sliding and turns in...Fingers crossed....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:59 am

4th day of riding 4-5 inch powder base...ER....that is the base...Very low angle logging road which goes gently uphill for several miles.....Can get a couple of nice long stand up tele arcs but the goal is to maintain any kind of speed...The woods are a hazard zone with serious consequences if not prepared....Still to be out in Nature sure beats writing about it!!!!..TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:43 am

Still cruising up in the Highlands....Teleking and Telewheels and I were out and about yesterday in rhyme coating with an inch of powder around it on every twig and branch making for an out of this world vision....Here and there mostly 4-5 inches....but here and there 6-7 in divots....pretty fast snow but seeing beyond 10 - 15 feet took a bit of focus....On the logging road pretty easy skiing and fast....Man those 109's really took off....made for an easy ride out...."Just like the old days says Telewheels.....cause we got twisted and did a great mile long circle....even though the boys had phones that were supposed to make it easier....Chuckle.....Time to head off for another laid back....let the skis run.....on a new wax job....Oh yeah!...TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:29 am

Few patches out on the fields...Mountain s look like they are holding on....Like down to three inches??????.....bummer!.....Just got used to all that snow....Had to re-glue the 99;s when I lifted up a squirrely ski...The damned ski fell off!...Hmmmm thinking I need some epoxy....Bummer 2....Re did the 99....Hope the 109's hold....The shop I bought my 109's can't figure out how my skin attachment broke out....me neither but it did.....Will see how Fischer skis do me Justice...heh.....Time to head out and hike....ski.....????????? TM