Sbounds...leathers

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Re: Sbounds...leathers

Post by fisheater » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:44 pm

39D31306-5611-49CA-84A8-2466FBC7B479.jpeg
It has been years since I have walleye fished on the opener. I had no idea the river could have so many people. I paddled a long way to find unoccupied holes. That meant I paddled a long way back upstream to get back to the truck.
It was still nice, and I did find some solitude. The fishing would have been too easy under normal circumstances as I usually don’t encounter many people. As it was, it is the end of the spawning run. There were is many people as fish.
Lesson learned, next year trout fishing, hopefully from my friends cabin.
2FCCCC04-13F6-4A26-AC28-83E3ACCCC7D0.jpeg

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:18 am

Might have to start fishing again...Without a doubt you are a master fisherman.....Thinking my son, Telekid is ready to restart fishing and his daughter, my granddaughter, would love it....Got a hard pack ride yesterday with Teleking and Telekid....Mostly traversing and doing down turn into fall line and continue....Fun!....Shoes, horse shoes was good as well.....While Teleking and Telekid won in the end...hehe....Telesnowshoe and I being oldies faded.....But we kicked their butts for a while....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:47 am

two days ago conditions were about the same...hard pack with soft on top...The Highlands have plenty of snow but getting way out there for some sustained skiing is really tough....Still heading down the steep side was fun...Skis came around well and the dips and doodles were added fun....Will head up today and think the snow will be soft...Fingers crossed...TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sun May 03, 2020 8:02 am

Short and sweet.....headed in on a cloudy grey day....Highlands are about two weeks behind most everything around here...Tops of ridges are mostly gone anywhere the sun shines but North and some north West and North east still have snow....Tree wells can get you as can strong whips.... very green moss covered rocks are starting to show....Still for those of you out there.....who....LOVE THE FEEL of skis working together in TELE....it was enough....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Tue May 05, 2020 8:36 am

Jeebers it's snowing out......Will have to head up to the Highlands and see what's what.....Heard that sometime in the near future we may get a small dump....Figure we had our best storm and this year it didn't even hit double figures.....AND we still have some skiable stuff....If I skied across the Beaver dams...through some small streams...(yes fisheater, small Brookies)......could access the hill with some....nah will go to the steep side of Teleknob and play.....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sat May 09, 2020 5:42 am

3-4 inches in the field...One more spin?....Oh yeah!!!!!!!! TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sun May 10, 2020 7:53 am

5 inches on grass.....over at Teleboots place....Hit the old farming roads and had to run the skis totally flat to do the deed....And the deed was done.....Pretty cold for this time of year....Used WAX....I mean....usually bones are the ski for this time of year.....Put on pink....dumb!!!!! had to scrape it all off....didn't have any blue with me.....Telekid was on his beater Rossi bc 90's that have some edges missing....30o as of right now and there is lots of snow remaining....Think Teleking skied up in the Highlands with 5 inches there too...TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Wed May 13, 2020 8:26 am

Hit the last "BC" shot of the year and it went out with a whimper.....In and out without leaving most of my bottoms on the ricks and debris....Did later in the day hit the links with snow bombs rolling off the softwood trees....Great way for KTB to start off our golfing....Boots was getting physical therapy so he didn't show and he will pay for that!!!! TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sat May 16, 2020 7:39 am

Still some snow back of the house and.....it keeps my beer....SNOW cold....Better than ice...yeah! TM

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Sat May 16, 2020 8:11 am

Go easy on those brewskis GT, you don't want to fall and hit your head again. ;)