Sbounds...leathers

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Telerock
Ski style: Leather and wool-three pin
Favorite Skis: S-bounds; E-99s, razors
Favorite boots: Asolo extreme

Re: Sbounds...leathers

Post by Telerock » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:23 pm

Thanks T-man for the update/stories. Maybe see if you can get Wheels or Kid to post pictures? Waiting for some deep snow; will let you know when I get up that way.

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:34 am

Tough wintah!!!!!! Close to twenty inches up in the Highlands....@8 inches of serious base....Rest heavy powder which can be skied well!!!! Telekid is enjoying the Rossi 110 from Mountain Opp's over in Stow....Makes Little Mountain decent but not for slicers....Touched lots of thingers on the 109's....However up in the Highlands lots of cover and nothing so far down under....Snow is fast even when seriously cold....Supposed to down several "Big Pines" over at Boots today.....Far as pictures nada....have many Nature pics this year showing what we are skiing and several of Telekid that are good.....but what I have for equipment....forget putting them up....Nothing works here...Wish everybody got along and then Ron could put them up....TM

Telerock
Ski style: Leather and wool-three pin
Favorite Skis: S-bounds; E-99s, razors
Favorite boots: Asolo extreme

Post by Telerock » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:44 am

T-man
If you send photos to me; I will load them up.
T-king has my private protonmail e-mail.
I don’t have yours any more.
Still plan to come north for ten days; either late Feb or March.
Will check with the Kingdom Boys for best time.
I assume you are pretty much without a schedule?
Have plenty wood in NY camp...
14483759-1CF1-42EC-A03D-8C29C8FFC324.jpeg

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:04 am

TELEROCK......You understand my inability to manipulate anything electronic...In fact I don't want to know....I need things very simple.....You say send you pictures or give them to Teleking....Riiiiight......When you get here....YOU manipulate thingers....BUT.....seeing your picture post of the Cabin...used to be a shack......upside-up-side-down-and inside out.....gives me pause.....Redid the ski with Telesven early just as the sun came up....Really good....Headed to the top of Wheelock Mountain for a couple of hundred of sweet powder (over a foot) with great base.....so soft...so nice.....Hiiiiisssssssssss was the only sound of powder flying up and gently down.....Even in a bad year.....skiing is good!!!! TM

freeheelwilly

Post by freeheelwilly » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:18 pm

greatgt wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:04 am
..In fact I don't want to know....I need things very simple.....
Hmmmm...... I smell Trump Trash.

vt_trees

Post by vt_trees » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:35 pm

greatgt wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:04 am
Even in a bad year.....skiing is good!!!!

Agreed. Down the road in Lamoille County, higher elevations were fantastic this past weekend.

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:30 am

Was in the Highlands and in some places powder was 14 inches deep but had enough body to be able to surface skim with skinnies...As of right now crusty but that will become base in a few hours if the weatherman is correct...Yesterday went up to the Craftsbury Outdoor Center with my wife....man were their trails great....That place started by Russel and Janet Spring is a great CC place....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:49 am

last week was a good ski week....yesterday headed up Little Mountain with great terrain....Finally broke one of my last excel pole....Bummer!!!!...Broke a stick and that worked....Skiing with baskets ia ok and the learning curve is quick!!!!! Bout half way up we have repaired Teklecamp2 (TK2)....Stove was happening and the boys dropped their packs and headed all the way up and had a blast...I kept the fire going!!!!....Skied around camp and found the 109's did well with some different kind of powder....Like hard powder...Different kinds of snow throughout the powder....Was outside looking at the dark ridge with ice on the trees and the sun finally shot some rays through the icy branches and lit up some streaks through the trees.....Absolutely beautiful....Streaks of light and more streaks appeared....John's drop a very steep and narrow line down from the Vortex....It was there the streaks were firing up....Got my camera and waited....and waited....ears froze up.....then about 40 minutes later I heard them....They came down the steep vortex....Kept my eyes and camera trained on John's Drop Down came Telekid....Didn't have my long range lens and really needed it....Some pictures were pretty good but out of range....In camp and warming up to Wicked sausages sauerkraut...excellent bread and heat....Good conversations and got beat up pretty quickly about the writing on another ski site....Camber...wax....bones....leathers..plastic....headed down and kept the skis under control Now have to find some poles....Bummer!....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:00 am

Boys wanted lots of turns and some steepness so headed up to Little Mountain where they I presume got it.....I needed some cruising so headed to the Highlands and found a wondrous land of ice rimmed branches and a couple of inches of snow around them.....Beautiful but.....most were drooping and in some places attached to the snow....Had to go where there were openings....Fun!....saw some gigantic trees from the logged "old growth" forest with giant trunks and MONDO crowns....Scored many S turns of a 8-14 inch carpet of new light powder....In a large forest....quiet....wonderful feeling turns....A Raven now and then.....Skied a few hours and with me knocking into branches looked like a moving stump....What a place....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:11 am

Sooo the next day tried another shot in the Highlands....Conditions about the same....Skied up a steep slope with green wax on the fast 109's...A couple slips and there I was on the top of a little knob...Thought I'd head down the West side and reconnect with a long ago run to Dead Moose pond....Went north then came about to find the top of where I wanted to go....Getting pretty whippy and could have dropped 10 yards and been in easy transit land....Snow and ice dropping on me cut a corned and was in whip land JAIL....Now coulda dropped out of this like I could have When Teleking and I were just below the Gulf of slides in Krumholz world...Didn't drop out then and still have scars....didn't yesterday 30 minutes later blending in with the snow and ice got to where I wanted to be...I was a glacier....Skied down the North face which is steep and hit the crust only once....Good serious turns...Got to the jeep and started the process of drying out....Thinking at my age I would have learned...nah!!!!! TM