The Rockpile last week- pics

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Rodbelan
Ski style: Very stylish
Favorite Skis: Splitkein
Favorite boots: Alpina Blaze and my beloved Alpina Sports Jr

Re: The Rockpile last week- pics

Post by Rodbelan » Wed May 23, 2018 6:57 pm

greatgt wrote:Don't open nuttin......Throw away those fat skis and get Nordic....Kick the snot outta Tucks on long high speed skinnies with double camber for frosting...Vote Trump while at it!!!!! TM
You sound like some sort of Sarah Pailin of skiing! :lol:
É y fa ty fret? On é ty ben dun ti cotton waté?
célèbre et ancien chant celtique

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Wed May 23, 2018 9:18 pm

[quote="Rodbelan"

You sound like some sort of Sarah Pailin of skiing! [/quote] LOL :)

OK GT, woods asked for advise, he agreed with what I said and had been thinking the same thing and says he will be working on it next season. It sounds like you're the one sticking their nose where it doesn't belong and then pointing a finger at me. If that's your idea of humor I think it's time for a new joke.

Rodbelan

Post by Rodbelan » Thu May 24, 2018 7:31 am

lowangle al wrote:[quote="Rodbelan"

You sound like some sort of Sarah Pailin of skiing!
LOL :)

OK GT, woods asked for advise, he agreed with what I said and had been thinking the same thing and says he will be working on it next season. It sounds like you're the one sticking their nose where it doesn't belong and then pointing a finger at me. If that's your idea of humor I think it's time for a new joke.[/quote]

Do you mean «Ok Rod»? Cause I really don't understand... Or else you think I am GT?

You are being very epidermic... My joke was directed at GT and his Trump love, not you, sincerely. Can't see how this could apply to you...

BTW, You stick your nose into his skiing, I do too. Everybody stick his nose everywhere here; that's called a public website. Plus, I agree with you! I sincerely don't understand.

Read the last part of your comment again. It is very awkward to me, to say the least...

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Thu May 24, 2018 8:41 am

I've got no beef with you Rod. You're a positive contributor here. GT is the guy who needs a new joke.

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Post by Woodserson » Thu May 24, 2018 11:40 am

I love skiing. All turns are beautiful. It's all about the feel and the soul of the turns we make.

I love all the advice I get here to make my turns better, however they may turn out.

Let's move on and keep the good vibes going into the summer!

I saw this picture in Switzerland on the wall of a high altitude hut and took a picture of it. This kid shredded at the time, he's probably dead now.

Turn on, arc in, drop down. (with apologies to Timothy Leary)
20180424_161402.jpg

Rodbelan

Post by Rodbelan » Thu May 24, 2018 12:44 pm

lowangle al wrote:I've got no beef with you Rod. You're a positive contributor here. GT is the guy who needs a new joke.
Ok Al. No offense and thanks for the clarification. I thought that since you quote my joke, well, whatever. Take care man.

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Post by Johnny » Thu May 24, 2018 4:10 pm

Woodserson wrote:Turn on, arc in, drop down.
Do you mean, GreatGT's style, like this?

Looking forward to ski with you again my friend! 8-)
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Fri May 25, 2018 7:05 am

now that's funny jonny.....we all get a kick out of telerock and boy, has he come a long way!! First time I saw him ski was on Little Mountain....He was awesome...Dressed in a full length leather coat....grabbing trees on his decent a 400 foot drop with lots of openings.....Teleking had brought him and I said to him...."You might want to give him some tips"....Telerock can build things and is a terrific human...and he like most detests Trumpet!!! Thinking he like most of the KTB need help in that department....and I'm there to help!!!! Seriously dedicated engineer, he was a serious rock when building Telecamp 2....Arc on boys....TM

lilcliffy
Ski style: backcountry Nordic ski touring
Favorite Skis: Asnes Ingstad, Combat Nato, Amundsen, Rabb 68; Altai Kom
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska BC; Lundhags Expedition; Alfa Skaget XP; Scarpa T4
Instructor at Maritime College of Forest Technology
Husband, father, farmer and logger

Post by lilcliffy » Fri May 25, 2018 9:52 am

greatgt wrote:Vote Trump while at it!!!!! TM
Good Morning TM,
This has nothing to do with Woods' post and discussion- let alone any discussion about skiing.
If you want to discuss politics please do it somewhere else- or at least, on the "off-topic" board:
http://www.telemarktalk.com/viewforum.php?f=10

Thanks in advance,
Gareth
Cross-country AND down-hill skiing in the backcountry.
Unashamed to be a "cross-country type" and love skiing down-hill.

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Fri May 25, 2018 1:17 pm

ThanKs lc appreciate the piling on........ on the rock pile....Sure had some great skiing up there and at least once almost got piled in the rocks...Lots of fun!....But the best part was ripping the headwall on 210 e 99's....Sure couldn't do that now but twas wild back then.....One thinger LC....are you saying the new 109's are poorly constructed? Asnes are a bit expensive....Don't know you or how you ski the downhill but construction of skis is important....the old 109's are pretty boss! My problem is the 109 I presently have is far to short especially on the down...have plenty of CC skis for cruising and breaking....but the 109 is probably my last ski I'll ever purchase and they will be the ski to arc on....Arc on, Teleman