Waiting

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
greatgt

Re: Waiting

Post by greatgt » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:33 am

Looking outside down here, with over a foot of new and @ 2 feet up in the Highlands of fantastic powder on 10-20 inches of glacier....Easy to figure we will be skiing three feet of powder or lots more!....Gawd! Those Noodles are gonna get waxed today!!!! TM

woodchuck

Post by woodchuck » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:02 am

I got a nice XC trek on the Hoks yesterday during the storm... but sadly I'm a workin' stiff today.

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:52 am

woodchuck wrote:I got a nice XC trek on the Hoks yesterday during the storm... but sadly I'm a workin' stiff today.
I got in almost 5 hours of meadow skipping yesterday, and I'm just stiff today.

woodchuck

Post by woodchuck » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:36 pm

lol. Just looked at the ten day forecast... it says another foot of snow next Tues.

Desmo

Post by Desmo » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:44 pm

It was pretty warm out there today...I opted for the E99's. It's not fun breaking trail through 24" of fresh snow!

On another note....I used my REI dividend to snag a pair of Fischer T78's....hope they get here before the next storm!

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Post by Woodserson » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:45 pm

Desmo wrote:It was pretty warm out there today...I opted for the E99's. It's not fun breaking trail through 24" of fresh snow!

On another note....I used my REI dividend to snag a pair of Fischer T78's....hope they get here before the next storm!
Desmo, remind me your location?

I like the 78's, I just snagged a second pair myself (my first pair is getting long in the tooth and has lots and lots of remounting holes. Lots. In the absence of a crown E109 it's the next best thing....

Great day today at the local hill, especially in the morning. PURE BUTTER. Mashed potatoes by noon. But the morning! SMOOOOOOOOOTH

We'll see about next week. I'm not holding my breath.

Desmo

Post by Desmo » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:09 pm

Woodserson wrote:
Desmo, remind me your location?

I like the 78's, I just snagged a second pair myself (my first pair is getting long in the tooth and has lots and lots of remounting holes. Lots. In the absence of a crown E109 it's the next best thing....

Great day today at the local hill, especially in the morning. PURE BUTTER. Mashed potatoes by noon. But the morning! SMOOOOOOOOOTH

We'll see about next week. I'm not holding my breath.
I'm in Barrington, and ski out back in the woods.

I had been re-reading Young Satchels thread, and my thread where you responded to him regarding the 78's several times. I'm really looking forward to these skis. I have several pairs of waxable skis, but wanted a nice wider pair of crowns. I had looked for an E109 crown for the longer length, but it seems they are not made anymore? The 78's are a mid century birthday gift to myself :D

Looks like we've suffered a great loss of snow already in the last two days!

Woodserson

Post by Woodserson » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:41 pm

IT"S INSANE NOTCHES AND NORTH.

DO NOT DELAY.

GET THEE NORTH OF THE NOTCHES or INTO THE WHITES AT LEAST.

I just spent two days skiing out of Pinkham. UNREAL conditions. Remember, if your route contains river crossings, the snow bridges have all blown out. Otherwise the skiing is incredible. It'll be windy this weekend, and cold. Perfect wax conditions. GET OUT THERE.

Woodserson

Post by Woodserson » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:41 pm

It's deep, guys. Everything seems shitty south of the Notches, it's a whole 'nother world in the NC.

Desmo

Post by Desmo » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:40 pm

Sounds like it was pretty awesome up north! It was very icy down here yesterday morning....went out on the USGI's with blue klister. Worked like a charm until it warmed up. Snow got pretty soft, and I went out on the new T78's in the afternoon. Hope we get a little snow this week....I could live without another 2 feet though!