Us gold medal

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Chisana
Ski style: Sliding on snow
Favorite Skis: EMS Woodies
Favorite boots: Merrell ultras

Us gold medal

Post by Chisana » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:47 pm

When I was driving this morning and heard over the radio that jessica and kikkan had won the GOLD MEDAL in the team sprints,it sent chills down my spine. Even brought a tear to my eyes. Anybody know if there is a recording of this event available on the internet? Congrats girls, you have given every nordic junior inspiration.

t-$

Re: Us gold medal

Post by t-$ » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:46 am

don't know about the whole race, but there is the hilite reel of the finish that i saw last night. it's pure gold!!!

connyro
needs to take stock of his life
needs to take stock of his life

Post by connyro » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:21 am

I watched the race. Holy hell it was exciting! Those climbs looked very painful and those athletes are amazing.

Kai

Post by Kai » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:15 am

Yeah, that was awesome. crosscountryski.us has links to full replays of all the cross-country ski events.

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:31 am

I wish I'd have seen it live, I bet it was awesome. What an ending for a 5 time American olympic xc skier.

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:26 pm

Gawd it was awesome!...Jumped off the couch toward the end all tensed up...Wrapped up in her total effort her indomitable spirit.....Total grit....Soooo special, better than arcs!!!!! Arc on team....TM

teleclub

Post by teleclub » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:35 pm

J. Deggins attacked on one of her laps and dropped the Swiss, leaving three for the medals. Then later was clearly just not willing to settle for less than gold even though Sweden and Norway skiers had moved a bit ahead. Her sprint was amazing to see. The Norwegian skier congratulating them after the finish seemed more joyful about it than good sportsmanship requires ;-)