Telemark Tech System options

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
eric.steig

Telemark Tech System options

Post by eric.steig » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:28 am

Of all the different "TTS" designs out there (telemark tech system, where you use NTN boots that have Dynafit-type toes, but traditional Voile/G3-type compression-spring heels), the Kreuzspitze looks the most impressive and flexible.

Check them out here: https://skimo.co/kreuzspitze-telemark-kit

I'm wondering if anyone on the forum has seen this, and/or wants to help me figure something out. Skimo says the telemark plates match the G3 6-hole pattern. I seem to recall that the old standard Voile 4-hole pattern also matches the G3 pattern, which just has two extra holes.

I have skis mounted with Voile CRBs. If I want to replace them with the Kreuzspitze set-up, will I be able to use the same holes? The issue being, obviously, whether the toes will then wind up in the right place on the ski (fore/aft).

Whaddya think?

iBjorn

Re: Telemark Tech System options

Post by iBjorn » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:40 pm

New Voile riser plates have the same 4 screw pattern as the G3 front 4 scres, but I also have a older Voile riser plate with a different pattern. Could you measure the distance and width between your screws, than I can tell you if you have G3 pattern or not.

I can check and measure my Kreuzspitze tele plates during the weekends if you like? (I am not home at the moment).

Nonetheless, unless you plan to mount the binding with inserts, I recommend that you plug the old holes and drill new ones for your TTS.

eric.steig

Post by eric.steig » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:20 am

Thanks very much. I will make those measurements -- but also probably take your suggestion of mounting in new holes anyway.

I'd love to hear your feedback on the Kreuzspitze system. Am I right that you can switch the cable position very easily, without having to un-mount the binding from the ski (like you have to with the the Wasatch Ski design, for example)?

iBjorn

Post by iBjorn » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:20 am

Yes, they are easy to adjust the pivot point, and I am
very happy with my set-up. I recommend that you use the Kreuzspitze cartridges also, since they have longer travel and you can switch springs between sodt, medium and stiff. The Kreuspitze set-up is not cheap but it is worth it. It is so easy to dial in your perfect TTS set-up with them. You also might consider to mount them with Kreuzspitze AT heels so you can have them as a combined tele/at rig.

I will return with the measurements during the weekend.
Regards

iBjorn

Post by iBjorn » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:07 am

The KZ Teleplate has approx 112mm between the first and third row of screws, the distance between first and second row of screws are approx 47mm. The pattern between the screws is 26mm wide (all measurements are center to center of screws, and they are approx. since they are measured on a mounted binding)