Rottefella new MOVE System for 2017-2018

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Rottefella new MOVE System for 2017-2018

Post by Johnny » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:41 pm

Wow... Yet another brand new invention for 2018. Similar to the old NIS plates, the brand new NIS 2.0 plates and the MOVE system can move your binding without any tool. If they could add this to the NNN BC and NTN bindings, our quest for the ultimate binding would be near the end...

With the Madshus Redline Intelligrip ski and MOVE binding system, the skier can adjust grip and glide on the skin ski by moving the binding backward and forward on the binding plate without taking the skis off.

While Rottefella bindings have been movable since the launch of the NIS system more than 10 years ago, the new MOVE concept adds a whole new dimension to adjustable bindings.

Now the skier can adjust the grip and glide on their skis on the course to match the terrain and changing snow conditions,” says Per Wiik, Global Marketing Director at Madshus.

For instance, if you are skiing a course, whether in a race or just touring, you can move the binding forward for better grip on long climbs, then once you get to the top, you move the binding backwards for better glide on long descents and for double-pole sections, then forwards again for the next sustained hill, all without ever taking your skis or even gloves off,” Wiik explains.

The MOVE binding is a part of the new NIS system from Rottefella, and consists of a dial on the front of the Rottefella Pro Classic binding and a new NIS plate that is pre-mounted on the ski. Using the dial, the binding can be moved into four different positions on the plate for a total of 48mm, which significantly changes the properties of the ski from one end to the other.
Rottefella-MOVE-System.jpg
And as first mentionned here last year by Solipskier, here is the SUPER EXCITING MOVE ELECTRIC System! Well, coming for the 2018-2019 season... Imagine having NTN bindings moving magically aft or fore depending on terrain, skis or snow conditions...
Rottefella-MOVE-Electric-System.jpg
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

1EyedJack
Ski style: On my butt

Re: Rottefella new MOVE System for 2017-2018

Post by 1EyedJack » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:28 pm

Rottefella strives to build a better rat trap, but seems like more things to go wrong with the "SUPER EXCITING MOVE ELECTRIC System".
"everybody's a genius" - albert einstein

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics

Post by Johnny » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:47 pm

The original Rat Trap was already perfect when it came out some 90 years ago... Rottefella somehow managed to make it even better with the Super Telemark... I don't see how it could technically get better.

Of course the Electric Move will be a pricey gadget for Olympic racers only, but I think it's pretty cool... All the Rotte bindings are pretty near perfection (Except for NTN), so they have to come up with something before the age of massless metal... 8-)

Verskis
Ski style: XCD touring on small hills. Heavy tele at resort
Favorite Skis: Åsnes Rabb 68
Favorite boots: Alico Ski March

Post by Verskis » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:19 am

Seems rather gimmicky to me... But maybe the cross country racers will truly appreciate that.
I would rather see Rottefella develop something like truly burly NNN binding with integrated but removable TTS-like (or 75mm-like) cable.

Bri7

Post by Bri7 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:00 pm

LoveJohnny wrote:If they could add this to the NNN BC and NTN bindings, our quest for the ultimate binding would be near the end...
Johnny you know how it works.... Just start a sentence with I bet you will not be able to.... and I will probably be ble to come up with an heavy and ugly but fully fonctionnal prototype :)

Johnny
Site Admin

Post by Johnny » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:41 am

Bri7 wrote:Just start a sentence with I bet you will not be able to.... and I will probably be ble to come up with an heavy and ugly but fully fonctionnal prototype :)
I already asked you over a year ago while I was showing you the moving Xcellerator2's and the FIS plates... It's almost 2018 and I'm still waiting for your NNNBC prototype... Can't wait until your quit your boring job and start making ski gear full time... :lol:

BRI7-TeleNorm... No wait, you CAN'T do it... I bet you can't do it... Pretty sure you can't...