NTN Boots.. for Wide Feet!

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
jemalexander

NTN Boots.. for Wide Feet!

Post by jemalexander » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:15 am

Hi folks - was wondering if anyone can give me any advice on what the broadest fitting NTN boots on the market are?

Im new to telemark, progressing from alpine skiing this season - really enjoying it!

I bought some big all mtn skis with rotafella freeride bindings and need some boots to compliment.. was using some old crispi rentals last season which were a size too big and still hurt like hell to wear..

I tried on some scarpa tx pros in a store and they were really tight - i seriously doubt theyd fit even after some serious stretching..

My alpine boots are atomic waymaker 120s and fit nicely, but only after some modifications (stretched in several places/moulded/custom footbed etc)

Annoyingly I have seriously flipper like fat feet with a high arch too!

Will be using boots predominantly for resort skiing and short tours.. Would be nice to have the option to use boots with alpine ski-mountaineering type bindings too..

Any help would be much appreciated!

teleTay

Re: NTN Boots.. for Wide Feet!

Post by teleTay » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:55 pm

Scarpa are the widest NTN boot. 102mm last.
Have you had an intuition liner molded before? I can't wear my boots straight out of the box. The liners take up a lot of volume. Once the liners are baked they are perfect.