TTS - tele tech - pin tele

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Nick BC
Ski style: Free heel Resort/Backcountry
Favorite Skis: Voile Vector BC,Trab Altavia and Hagan Ride 75
Favorite boots: Scarpa TX and T3

Re: TTS - tele tech - pin tele

Post by Nick BC » Thu May 11, 2017 11:38 pm

I have the B&D Plate with Dynafit Radical toe pieces and a Voile Hardwire back end. It works flawlessly and is quite neutral as the pivot is only 38 mm behind the pins. I went with this to overcome the annoying snow build up problem with Rotte Freedoms and Meidjo in PNW Spring snow. So far so good.

bbergey

Post by bbergey » Sat May 13, 2017 3:45 pm

Nick BC wrote:I have the B&D Plate with Dynafit Radical toe pieces and a Voile Hardwire back end. It works flawlessly and is quite neutral as the pivot is only 38 mm behind the pins. I went with this to overcome the annoying snow build up problem with Rotte Freedoms and Meidjo in PNW Spring snow. So far so good.
Cool! Thanks for the intel. Me no likey neutral. Picked up a pair of voile x2 heels and wasatch pieces today. Excited to mount. Have you had any releases?

Nick BC
Ski style: Free heel Resort/Backcountry
Favorite Skis: Voile Vector BC,Trab Altavia and Hagan Ride 75
Favorite boots: Scarpa TX and T3

Post by Nick BC » Sat May 13, 2017 10:06 pm

No releases so far. I have wondered, since putting the Hardwire back ends on, if I should have gone with the Switchback X2 instead, as the spring is apparently 25% stiffer and might make them a bit less neutral. Although I bought them primarily for touring the first time I used them was at the lifts in hardback conditions on Vector BC's. I was definitely aware of the lack of activity having spent most of the season on Meidjos on bigger skis. Probably not a fair trial as Vectors like soft snow, and all my subsequent outings were touring in warm Spring snow where they were great.