Mounting Voile Binding on Asnes USGI surplus skis

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
gitrinec

Mounting Voile Binding on Asnes USGI surplus skis

Post by gitrinec » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:19 pm

I've not got these mounted yet but I've marked out the location using Chord Center, I know it's a bit of Personnel preference to an exact location but any opinions on the location on the SKI, I'm new at this but the Web has been helpful, lol
20161211_140814.jpg
20161211_140735.jpg

gitrinec

Re: Mounting Voile Binding on Asnes USGI surplus skis

Post by gitrinec » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:50 pm

Well hopefully I've correctly mounted these bindings. Here is some after pictures, Voile Hardwire Traverse on Asnes USGI military surplus skis. Hopefully next weekend I can get my Madshus Epoch skis all mounted up with bindings.
20161211_212246.jpg
20161211_212208.jpg
20161211_212140.jpg

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:33 am

Looks good. Did you check with a boot to make sure the heel is centered?

I don't know if I'd let your neighbors or friends see all that stuff you have... they may start to talk... you know... no snow for miles and a couple pairs of skis, a waxing bench, vices... 8-)

gitrinec

Post by gitrinec » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:44 am

When I was adjusting the heel pad, the boot heel seemed to be centered. Ya funny huh, it's sad no snow for the eyes to see, lol I've got 2 pairs of those Asnes Skis and one pair of Madshus Epochs, If I could, I'd have snow 365 days a year , I blame it on being born up in Michigan, lol Though they probably would think it even funnier that I have all the Mountaineering gear with Texas only having a small mountain 8 hrs away and that one you can hike instead of climb.

mugglesport

Post by mugglesport » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:11 pm

Where in Texas are you? I lived in various parts of the state for the first 30ish years of my life. I learned to ski at Ski Apache in Ruidoso (we lived in Lubbock at the time). Worst "snow" imaginable but somehow I fell in love with the sport.

gitrinec

Post by gitrinec » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:22 pm

In Dallas, here I'd be better off with Ice skates, lol We get bad Ice storms once in awhile but hardly ever enough snow to ski in. I've never even been skiing, but for some mountain locations for climbing require a ski in, so eventually I'll get some lessons in New Mexico or Colorado.

mugglesport

Post by mugglesport » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:37 pm

gitrinec wrote:In Dallas, here I'd be better off with Ice skates, lol We get bad Ice storms once in awhile but hardly ever enough snow to ski in. I've never even been skiing, but for some mountain locations for climbing require a ski in, so eventually I'll get some lessons in New Mexico or Colorado.
Ah, I know all too well. I lived in Richardson for five years and my extended family is all in the area. I don't miss living there at all ;)