Year in review: What did you learn?

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Teleman

Re: Year in review: What did you learn?

Post by Teleman » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:17 am

Montrealer, we call it riding the rail....One long ski, head them down and let gravity do it's thing....Works best in deep powder and soft corn....It also works well in the bush where you don't have a lot of space....Tight trees....whips...In deep powder we just dip the tip and that resistance slows the decent some....enough for control...In deep powder our fore ski breaks the snow and the rear ski supports our weight. All of that has to align with slope angle....Total fun!!!! TM

teledance

Post by teledance » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:49 am

Whiteouts and powder are still great together, really thins the crowds.

Rodbelan
Ski style: Very stylish
Favorite Skis: Splitkein
Favorite boots: Alpina Blaze and my beloved Alpina Sports Jr

Post by Rodbelan » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:13 pm

I learned that I love the Superloop. The right balance between neutrality and activity. I ski all kinds of gear, from the pins to the BMD Bulldogs with the powerful heel retainer.
—Some days I prefer the pins, even at the resort;
—Changing skis all the time is good; it helps you find the sweet spot in an intuitive way;
—Do not bother with leather... I mean those boots are good for skiing, but the Excursion with the G-Fit liner I found are soft and much lighter than most leather boots;
—Longer skis are great. Shorter skis are great too. Depending where you ski.
É y fa ty fret? On é ty ben dun ti cotton waté?
célèbre et ancien chant celtique