Questions about NNN BC

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
bgregoire
Ski style: Nordic backcountry touring with lots of turns
Favorite Skis: Fisher E99 & Boundless (98), Åsnes Ingstad, K2 Wayback 88
Favorite boots: Crispi Sydpolen, Alico Teletour & Alfa Polar

Re: Questions about NNN BC

Post by bgregoire » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:27 pm

athabascae wrote: [video][/video]

It that you and your buddies? Amazing scenery! Crazy beats up in that part of the woods. 8-)
I live for the Telemark arc....The feeeeeeel.....I ski miles to get to a place where there is guaranteed snow to do the deal....TM

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:28 pm

Funny you posted that video. I just stumbled on that trailhead last weekend looking for a spot to pee on the way home from skiing. I wondered why all the cars were there and then I saw a guy with skates.

Athabascae are you from Ak. or are you coming for a visit?

Lo-Fi

Post by Lo-Fi » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:17 am

Krakus wrote: I found that I was almost unable to kick and glide (it was hard to lift a heel), so I returned to regular, black flexors.
Yep, I found the white are too hard. I thought they would promote keeping my back ball of foot flat on the ski, but somehow they just prevented heel lift and transferred a ton of pressure to my achilles.

I don't a know about the red flexors, but the green flexors are medium stiffness and worked best for me, for turning. I don't know if they can be bought anymore. I had a set but inadvertently left them on a pair of skis I sold.

Some have suggested filling the underside voids of the black flexors with shoe goo or freesole type products to stiffen them up.