New Members?

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
MikeK

Re: New Members?

Post by MikeK » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:37 am

I usually ski with my wife - so I'm not very lonely :)

I'll ski with you tho brother... hopefully the week after xmas if we have snow, and maybe in Feb when my wife goes to Florida (she asked me to go, AND MISS A WEEK OF SKIING, oh the HORROR!).

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:43 am

[quote="LoveJohnny"] Far from civilization, deep in the woods where no one wants to go...

More than once I've been to one of our most popular local bc areas weeks after a storm and got freshies all day when I could see the summit cone was all tracked out. There are a lot of meadows up to about 30 degrees that are passed up by the skinners within a half mile of the parking lot. It's not deep in the woods and people still don't want to go there. Kick wax or patterned base skiing is where it's at if you don't feel the need to make a summit or ski a big line.

Freefix

Post by Freefix » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:52 pm

Thought I'd say hi. Not exactly a "new" member - same old Freefix from TTips. Mostly lurked there, will likely mostly lurk here. But I did want to leave you guys with a recently rediscovered poster from my room way back in high school. The junk my folks hold on to in their attic astounds.
IMG_2091.jpg

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Post by Johnny » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:41 am

Cooooooooooooool...!!!!
Now that's what I call "Cross Country"...! 8-)
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:51 am

What year is that from? Seems kind of early to be printed on recycled paper.

Freefix

Post by Freefix » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:42 pm

Well I know it was 1993 or earlier. I suspect it later than the 80s. Or at least that's when I got it. Who knows how long the Rossi rep had it sitting in a box before unloading it on poor impressionable young Freefix.

Karhuii

Post by Karhuii » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:18 pm

I can tell you I would spend a lot more time at this site if the wallpaper were changed to something more suitable to a professional work place. How about just mountains?

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:13 am

Karhuii wrote:I can tell you I would spend a lot more time at this site if the wallpaper were changed to something more suitable to a professional work place. How about just mountains?
What? Your work doesn't like beautiful women?

I've petitioned to have it changed a few times. Don't think it's gonna happen :D

connyro
needs to take stock of his life
needs to take stock of his life

Post by connyro » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:21 pm

Karhuii wrote:I can tell you I would spend a lot more time at this site if the wallpaper were changed to something more suitable to a professional work place. How about just mountains?
Mountains won't work for me. They are just not suitable for MY professional workplace. Maybe we can change it so that the girls are wearing full burqas.