Sbounds...leathers

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
greatgt

Re: Sbounds...leathers

Post by greatgt » Wed May 22, 2019 8:03 am

Wood thought I replied but guess not!!!!! Like those woodies and often will get out one of the skinny Asnes cc skis from the 70's or will get on my mothers oldies from the 20's 30's.....Northland maple skis and many of the "OLDIE skis had rocker....From my perspective the "BEST" skinny for doing it all was and still is the e99...Great ski! Will try a new Asne ski soon but have gotten the new e109 with rocker...And it is good....But would like a ski that isn't in the same realm as the 99-109....Won't ever go back to downhill skis but could get something a bit bigger....Widest tip in the 88-90 range....After that it becomes to wide to ski the BC around here and I don't like the cruising as well...Also at my ancient age a ski that is very lite....Ha! Teleman

bgregoire
Ski style: Nordic backcountry touring with lots of turns
Favorite Skis: Fisher E99 & Boundless (98), Åsnes Ingstad, K2 Wayback 88
Favorite boots: Crispi Sydpolen, Alico Teletour & Alfa Polar

Post by bgregoire » Wed May 22, 2019 12:22 pm

Hey T,

You should try the Asnes Ingstad (84-62-74) even though it is in the E109 range, I think you will love it.

Anything wider at Asnes will be beyond your 88-90 limit, with more downhill oriended sidecuts.

Still, I would take a good look at the Asnes Falketind 62 (97-62-86), its slightly outside your width range, but man does it sound like a sweet ski!

The dimensions of the Fischer Excursion might interest you: 88-68-78. Unfortunately the bases on those only come fully scarred with scales.
I live for the Telemark arc....The feeeeeeel.....I ski miles to get to a place where there is guaranteed snow to do the deal....TM

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Post by Woodserson » Thu May 23, 2019 10:00 pm

Cannatonic wrote:She makes it look good! people were classy in the early 1900's.

A foot+ of snow is headed for the mountains - slackfest could be epic this year - no high temps in the foreceast, I might have to fight the traffic & go. Tman you guys must have skied something in the Great Gulf, east snowfield are at the summit, there is a small parking lot just below the main summit ones, driver's left, the huge bowl is just below the smaller parking lot, everything's going to be filled in this year.
Thinking of going on Monday to Slackfest if things pan out on the home front. Anyone else going? Depends on weather, and feelings. We have out-of-country guest and showing her around. This might be just the ticket, and my season closes on the snowfields or not at all. Could be a good combination!

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Fri May 24, 2019 8:36 am

Have skied the Snowfields sometime in the past....Think it was when we first went to Tucks....and crashed and burned the entire way down...We thought we were good but we weren't....Got into training mode...Teleking and I....Later we went back on several occasions and really melted the snow up there...Bit old for that now....But ...Far as the East Fields depends on the weather.....Telekid sure would like to go...So will see....Don't know if Teleking is around....Thinking he is in Maine....Eating fish off the fishing boat....Cleaning up the yard at his wife's House down by the Marina in Harpswell....A great place!!!!! TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Fri May 24, 2019 8:45 am

Oh and "B" used to ski the Rebounds and still have a set...88-60-78....Good ski but we have broken all of them!!!! The one you mentioned were ok but went to my son, Telekid and he loved them...(when I purchase a ski and I feel they are not what I like he gets the ski...Thinking that amounts to 4-5 sets...Heh!) They were the old outtabounds...Would think about the two skis you mentioned and by the way I think one would go to Telekid...The 109's or the Falktind....Hope my wife doesn't read this!!!!!!!!!! TM

Cannatonic

Post by Cannatonic » Fri May 24, 2019 11:57 am

If you already have a bunch of skis, some of the edgeless ones might be cool for deep powder - Asnes makes Breidablikk and Finmark with no edges, it makes them lightweight. Breidablikk is basically E109 shape and Finnmark is E99 shape. I barely ever get to use Breidablikk around here but for northern VT they'd be perfect.

Woods, I might go up this weekend too. I only want to go for one day - weather looks best tomorrow, but the traffic could be bad. Weather looks bad on Sunday. Maybe I'll go for Monday. Keep us posted if you go. The amount of snow of up there looks amazing for Memorial Day weekend. Are KTB going to rally for this??
"All wisdom is to be gained through suffering"
-Will Lange (quoting Inuit chieftan)

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Wed May 29, 2019 8:43 am

Sorry not getting back "C" but the "Boys" were scattered to the winds....Been out and about taking pictures...this morning a pinkish apple tree....Nice with Woodbury Mountain range as background...Thanks for information about Asnes skis...Will purchase a set this summer and have them ready for one and all this coming season....June 21 and the countdown begins.....Check with Telekid and see what he would like too!!!!!!!!! I like skinny so.....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:35 am

Have to check around and see if anyone around here sells Asnes skis....I have about 15 or so wood Asnes up in the shed.....purchased in the early 1970's....Need to see and feel them before purchase.....Have a set of the 109's and they are a good ski....Try to be a bit more aggressive next year on them....Was sorta conservative after the head crunch and did some beautiful lines but the conditions had to be real good for me to cut anything lose after the crash and the warning from the Doc's....Can you imagine skiing Vermont terrain on 6-8 foot base and all the whips crushed?????....and awol.....But would get the Falktind or associated ski for fun and games in scratchy or deep powder....need to see and feel them though....At my age they have to be a really good cruiser and can do the tele dance....TM

Cannatonic

Post by Cannatonic » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:50 pm

>>Have to check around and see if anyone around here sells Asnes skis

Unfortunately the only US retailer is Neptune Mountaineering in Colorado.
"All wisdom is to be gained through suffering"
-Will Lange (quoting Inuit chieftan)

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:04 am

I will do the same right now! TM